• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke suits Big and tall

EkinOgday1

Reaction score
I'm getting married in May of this year. I live in Nyc but will be getting married In Napa. Im want to find somewhere that can make a suit for me in the color below (blue suits). I am a big guy. 330 6 feet 3. Im hoping to find somewhere to get my suit either bespoke or a suit I have to get taliored. I don not wear suits and I have no problem buying one. Im hoping the suit will be maid of a stretchy material so I will have no fear of rips when I am dancing. My budget for a suit is around 1100 less would be better but I prob can go to 1500 for my wife to be.

I was looking at rochester big and tall but I dont think they have the color I want . Any suggestions in the nyc area would be helpful

Thanks

Screenshot_20180327-032354.png

nicholasjohn

Reaction score
I would recommend you try Suitsupply, they supply long fitting suits. I'm 6ft2 and find their long fits adequate.

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Chances are you are going to have a pretty hard time getting something off the rack. I am also big. People like us are pretty few and far between so when companies make suits that fit us, those suits are usually limited to navy, greys, or black.

Suit supply won’t work for you because they won’t have something that fits your chest.

Also, I wouldn’t worry too much about getting something with stretch. Any properly fitting suit should be able to withstand a wedding dance.

Sorry I don’t have any concrete suggestions on where to go for your suit. Good luck and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

ricofashions

Reaction score
I'm getting married in May of this year. I live in Nyc but will be getting married In Napa. Im want to find somewhere that can make a suit for me in the color below (blue suits). I am a big guy. 330 6 feet 3. Im hoping to find somewhere to get my suit either bespoke or a suit I have to get taliored. I don not wear suits and I have no problem buying one. Im hoping the suit will be maid of a stretchy material so I will have no fear of rips when I am dancing. My budget for a suit is around 1100 less would be better but I prob can go to 1500 for my wife to be.

I was looking at rochester big and tall but I dont think they have the color I want . Any suggestions in the nyc area would be helpful

Thanks

View attachment 948044
Hi, I visit NYC and take orders for Bespoke suits, perhaps will not be in your time frame but you can register with me on my website for notifications of future visits www.ricofashions.com

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we have yet another set up piece of advertising?

Newcomer (second post) asks where he can get MTM or whatever; lo and behold another newcomer pops up and is miraculously directed to an opening to hawk his wares.

Set up advertising; it's been tried many times and it never looks any less phony each time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads