• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke suit NYC in less than 8 weeks?

dkm201

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a place in NYC that I can get a custom suit made in less than 8 weeks? Or am I SOL?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The fastest tailor in NY that I know of is Vincent Nicolosi. I got one suit from him that I did not like, however. I have seen great things from him, so he might work for you, I'm just saying that his clothes don't really work for everyone, so buyer beware.

I know of more consistent tailors, but none that can finish a suit in eight weeks.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No one can speak of delivery times for another tailor. If you search, you will find the names of many NY tailors used by forum members here. Call the tailors directly and you will have your answer in about an hour.

MTM

Reaction score
Philip Ferantti at Saks Fifth Avenue- NY.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
What's in 8 weeks?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Wonder if Jon Green, whom you can contact via Alex Kabbaz on askandy, could do it? I've always wanted to see more of his suits, always looked sharp to me.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=79345

http://www.madisonavenuenyc.com/ASK/suits01.html

They are like $10k, though. You are paying, I believe, both for his services and for whomever is making his suits nowadays. Still, if he is charging that kid of dough, perhaps he is time flexible.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wonder if Jon Green, whom you can contact via Alex Kabbaz on askandy, could do it? I've always wanted to see more of his suits, always looked sharp to me.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=79345

http://www.madisonavenuenyc.com/ASK/suits01.html

Who's Giovanni Gagliano? Anyone heard of him? Kabbaz's website mentions that he is Kabbaz's 'tailor-in-residence'. Outdated information, perhaps--the link above looks really old.

Also, who exactly makes Jon Green's suits? Does he have his own tailors or does he contract out to someone like Martin Greenfield?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Gagliano is a Brooklyn-based tailor, though I think I heard that he moved, but I don't recall where. Florida? Anyway, the AK connection ended long ago.

Jon Green is not a tailor. He used to have some in-house people do the work, but I heard that ended and that now he sends the stuff to the UK for construction.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Gagliano is a Brooklyn-based tailor, though I think I heard that he moved, but I don't recall where. Florida?

Palm Beach.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Jon Green is not a tailor. He used to have some in-house people do the work, but I heard that ended and that now he sends the stuff to the UK for construction.

Interesting. You hear a lot more about UK companies sending work overseas than you do about companies sending work to the UK.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
They are like $10k, though. You are paying, I believe, both for his services and for whomever is making his suits nowadays.

Still, if he is charging that kid of dough, perhaps he is time flexible.

Jeezus, really??? I figured they'd be around 4-5k. holy crap. You can get a MTM Brioni, Oxxford, or any other fine suit from the rtw guys in about 6 weeks for less than Green's prices!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
$8,500 I think.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can get a MTM Brioni, Oxxford, or any other fine suit from the rtw guys in about 6 weeks for less than Green's prices!

More significantly, you can get a bespoke suit from pretty much any of the great English or Italian tailors for less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads