Bespoke Suit in LA

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aftermath, Sep 1, 2012.

1. aftermath

aftermath New Member

Long time lurker, first post

I am looking to get a bespoke suit but I am a noob. I am willing to spend ~$500 and would like some guidance from the tailor (I know I want charcoal). It is important to me that there is someone guiding me through the process and I'd like to be measured (don't trust myself). I also work during the week so I would need to go on a weekend. There is no real rush, but I'd like to get measured as soon as possible. Any recommendations?

Thick as thieves is booked through october and proper suit seems a bit pricey.

2. Yika

Yika Senior member

$500 probably will not get you a bespoke suit.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  3. StumpjumperE

StumpjumperE Senior member

I didn't know they were booked through October, but aren't their suits about $500 shipped? Hardly pricey to me.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

$500 will not buy a bespoke suit and if you consider TaT to be "a bit pricey" you urgently need to reassess your expectations.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  5. OlSarge

OlSarge Senior member

You can get made to measure for about $800 minimum. True bespoke will run more or less three times that. For $500 you should be looking at Brooks Brothers or Nordstroms sales.

6. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

You will not find bespoke at your stated price point. Thick as Thieves is made to measure not bespoke. They adjust their existing patterns to your measurements. A bespoke suit is created from a unique pattern created for you. That said, there is nothing wrong with TAT if that is the esthetic you are looking for.