• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shop in Toronto

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides Harry Rosen, are there any nice bespoke shops in Toronto? I am looking to spend around $2500-$3000CAD for S120 - S130 fabric.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Trend Custom Tailors. I don't have any personal experience with them and I don't know if their quality is extraordinary (people I've talked to about them have all paid under $1000 for a suit). Â However, I believe all their work is done in house. Here's the website, hope this helps. A.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, price is amazing, but need to check out the fabric quality. I have to go and check it out today ASAP. Thanks for the info AARON.

PHV

Reaction score
wow, price is amazing, but need to check out the fabric quality.  I have to go and check it out today ASAP.  Thanks for the info AARON.
Tell me how it goes. I need a new Tux.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, just came back from the tailor shop.

The owner/tailor is young and very friendly and informative. I cannot comment on his craftmanship since I only saw one finished (demo) jacket.

With the fabric that I like, the suit will cost me about $2100CAD with tax. I am trying to mimic Attolini suit, but with this much of $$, I can get Attolini suit from Ian. I know Attolini 44R will fit me pretty well.

The thing that bugs me is that he told me not to have such a high expectation so he can exceed my expectation. Well, I want a perfection. (although this is not possible)

What do you guys think? Should I stick with Attolini RTW or step into the world of bespoke for the 1st time?

Thanks.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Milano, I think the question you should ask is whether you want perfection in the garmet or in fit.  A RTW Attolini suit will be an extremely well constructed garment, but it will never fit, or IMO look as good, as a bespoke item made from a competent tailor.  The reason brands like Attolini, H&K, Brioni, etc. are so exhalted on this forum is because they represent excellent construction and superior fit than most RTW items.  If you want the satisfaction of knowing you own a suit made by one of the best tailoring houses in the world, that's cool.  If you want the satisfaction of knowing you have a suit made for only you, that's cool too. In my book whatever makes you stand a little taller is a good thing. A. *EDIT for clairifcation P.S.>Whatever your decision please post updates and plenty of pics when you receive the item    Â
wink.gif

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Milano, I think the question you should ask is whether you want perfection in the garmet or in fit.  A RTW Attolini suit will be an extremely well constructed garment, but it will never fit, or look as good, as a bespoke item.  The reason brands like Attolini, H&K, Brioni, etc. are so exhalted on this forum is because they represent excellent construction and superior fit than most RTW items.  If you want the satisfaction of knowing you own a suit made by one of the best tailoring houses in the world, that's cool.  If you want the satisfaction of knowing you have a suit made for only you that brings out the best in your body shape, that's cool too. In my book whatever makes you stand a little taller is a good thing. A. P.S.>Whatever your decision please post updates and plenty of pics when you receive the item    Â
wink.gif
That statement certainly is incumbent on who's doing the, um, bespoking. koji

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommand true type PC font that comes close to the font that is used by Attolini for their label patch?

Thanks.

FCS

Reaction score
Milano, do you know if they make shirts in-house?

Btw, did you check that tailor in Mississauga that I mentioned a while back?

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FCS,

No, Miss. is too far from me. It will be a nightmare for me to get there for fittings.

Yes, they do shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads