Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bespoke shop in Toronto

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Feb 23, 2005.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Besides Harry Rosen, are there any nice bespoke shops in Toronto? I am looking to spend around $2500-$3000CAD for S120 - S130 fabric.

2. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I've heard good things about Trend Custom Tailors. I don't have any personal experience with them and I don't know if their quality is extraordinary (people I've talked to about them have all paid under $1000 for a suit). Â However, I believe all their work is done in house. Here's the website, hope this helps. A.

3. MilanoStyle

wow, price is amazing, but need to check out the fabric quality. I have to go and check it out today ASAP. Thanks for the info AARON.

4. PHV

PHV Senior member

Tell me how it goes. I need a new Tux.

5. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Please give us a shout when you do have something comissioned, regardless of the tailor, I need to have a suit made soon.

A.

6. MilanoStyle

Ok, just came back from the tailor shop.

The owner/tailor is young and very friendly and informative. I cannot comment on his craftmanship since I only saw one finished (demo) jacket.

With the fabric that I like, the suit will cost me about $2100CAD with tax. I am trying to mimic Attolini suit, but with this much of $$, I can get Attolini suit from Ian. I know Attolini 44R will fit me pretty well.

The thing that bugs me is that he told me not to have such a high expectation so he can exceed my expectation. Well, I want a perfection. (although this is not possible)

What do you guys think? Should I stick with Attolini RTW or step into the world of bespoke for the 1st time?

Thanks.

7. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Hey Milano, I think the question you should ask is whether you want perfection in the garmet or in fit.  A RTW Attolini suit will be an extremely well constructed garment, but it will never fit, or IMO look as good, as a bespoke item made from a competent tailor.  The reason brands like Attolini, H&K, Brioni, etc. are so exhalted on this forum is because they represent excellent construction and superior fit than most RTW items.  If you want the satisfaction of knowing you own a suit made by one of the best tailoring houses in the world, that's cool.  If you want the satisfaction of knowing you have a suit made for only you, that's cool too. In my book whatever makes you stand a little taller is a good thing. A. *EDIT for clairifcation P.S.>Whatever your decision please post updates and plenty of pics when you receive the item     [​IMG]

8. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

That statement certainly is incumbent on who's doing the, um, bespoking. koji

9. MilanoStyle

Can anyone recommand true type PC font that comes close to the font that is used by Attolini for their label patch?

Thanks.

10. FCS

FCS Senior member

Milano, do you know if they make shirts in-house?

Btw, did you check that tailor in Mississauga that I mentioned a while back?

11. MilanoStyle

FCS,

No, Miss. is too far from me. It will be a nightmare for me to get there for fittings.

Yes, they do shirts.