1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bespoke shoes maybe next for me

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Matt, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt Senior member

ok so my girlfriend is doing some online shopping/browsing and proclaims her love for a $275 pair of shoes in the US. They dont ship overseas (she in HK, me in Vietnam), so she shrugged it off. I printed it out and had one of my staff take me out to District 4 Saigon - they will replicate them for 140000 Vietnam Dong - about $9. While we there I asked them whether they can make up mens shoes? Yup. Leather soles? Yup. Made specially to fit my foot, not just standard sizing? Yup. Experienced shoemaker? Over 30 years. Price with the best quality leather you have? 400000 dong. About $25. Now Im not holding out undue hope, but between this and my suit, I am starting to see an upside to living here.

2. My View

My View Senior member

M@T> Please keep us posted. If it's good, please tell us where to find this shoemaker [​IMG]