• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shoes @ 330 Pounds?

labravajazz

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has seen their listing on ebay but Adler shoes in Germany offer a bespoke service for this price. Anyone know anything about these?

"Once you have placed an order, you can choose your preferred color. After this we send our "form-set" to you. A lot more different models, from the British classic to the Italian designer shoe are available on our website.

Our easy to use "form-set" makes it possible for you to take casts of your feet. Since no measurements need to be taken at all, it's fool-proof.

Once completed, you send the casts back to us and we will create your last, and subsequently your bespoke shoes. The "form-sets" contain a special tape that is simply wrapped around your feet, sprayed with the "activation liquid" and hardens within 10 minutes. There are no unpleasant odors and there is no mess to worry about. Even disposable gloves are provided in the set. You can see all details about the "molding" process with pictures on our website.

ADLERshoes sells online and has no need for expensive show-rooms in the city center, a saving that is fully passed on to the customers!

New customers will receive their shoes within 6-8 weeks (first order, any further order will only take 2-3 weeks because the last is then already in our stock). A preview of models you can see on our adlershoes.com -Website .

A" made to measure" or "bespoke" pair of shoes has always been reserved for the rich.

Production is one hundred percent to British standards. All shoes are hand-stitched and the leather used is sourced from Italy, where some of the most exclusive shoe makers like Gucci are based.

The system is set up to provide a quality product which would normally cost as much as a small car (see John Lobbs) for a price you would expect to pay at a better High Street shoe shop.

ADLER shoes European location is in Germany from where the "form-sets" and finally the shoes are dispatched.

We guaranty a perfect fit and top quality!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know. Seems like they could have at least had better pictures of the shoes they offer on their site along with sole shots.

Xenon

Reaction score
I didn't know Gucci was among the most exclusive shoe makers.

I also didn't know that Italy was a top producer of high grade leather.

Does all this sound right:
eh.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Gucci even make their own shoes? This seems super sketchy. caveat emptor

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenon
I also didn't know that Italy was a top producer of high grade leather.

Does all this sound right:
eh.gif

If you mean a company called "Italy", then I agreed with you.
But if you mean Italy doesn't have top grade leather, then I think you are wrong. Ilcea is one of the best producers for sure.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what form of translation fail could produce "Cote da Sure" in place of what should be Cote d'Azur. Then, I don't understand what form of design fail could produce this:
13_0.jpg

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Where the hell did they get "The Burton" from (a classic yet modern loafer)?

37_0.jpg

Hannes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Where the hell did they get "The Burton" from (a classic yet modern loafer)?

37_0.jpg

or this
31_0.jpg

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caveat Emptor

John1986

Reaction score
Was quite surprised to read all this negative stuff here. Been a customer of theirs for some time and had four pairs of shoes and one pair of ankle boots made. Not only did they all fit perfectly, but the quality was very good and so was their customer service. If you chaps find them too cheap, I must say I got very good quality for a very good price. For the same money I've spend for the 5 pairs, I would not have been able to get one pair from for example John Lobbs.
I'm also not quite sure what those allegations of the pictures being from other sites mean. I did do a check and even though the models may be similar (a brogue is a brogue) , they are certainly different pictures. I checked in photo shop and over-layed them which results in different shadows shapes and depth's - I wouldn't have joined here simply because I find shoes not exciting enough to make them a hobby of mine, but was simply amazed by the unqualified rage against this company bar any foundation. I think you also got heir html addess wrong its www.adlershoes.com

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads