• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shirts online for 39 dollars! Ergoni.com

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
www.Ergoni.com A good friend and also college business school classmate of mine created this company. I told him it was a great idea, but the website needed some design work =) Bespoke shirts made to spec, according to the measurements you give, plus the cost is 39 dollars for 100 thread count and 49 for 140 thread count shirts. You can customize collar type, cuff design, and fabric. I am ordering 3 shirts at 140 thread count and can take pictures and results as soon as they come in. I thought for the price, it was worth a try. Thought others in the forum would benefit as well. Regards HB p.s. If you plan on ordering. PLease tell them Holstein Bilter from styleforum referred you.

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Interested to hear people's opinions on this.
I want to relay feedback to him, good and bad.

Regards

HB

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guarantee sounds pretty good. I have used online MTM services in the past, and even when the collar measurement was off by nearly 2", they refused to refund any of my money.

I might give this company a shot in the near future.

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Yes, I'm a bit skeptical myself. I'll place orders and let you all know how they turned out.

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Also if you are ordering online like this it is MTM by definition. It cannot be bespoke. If they are claiming this is "bespoke" then it makes it even dodgier.

I don't think they are claiming bespoke. I think I coined the term incorrectly.

Should be MTM shirts for 39 dollars =)

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One reason it's so cheap is that they only take four data points.

From the site:

WE ONLY NEED FOUR OF YOUR MEASUREMENTS:

1) Neck Width

2) Sleeve Length

3) Height

4) Weight

We have developed a proprietary algorithm that will take the four required measurements you provide and the descriptive pictograms you have chosen and construct a shirt that will eliminate all the excess fabric that exist in most "off the rack" dress shirts. Of course, if you know your other measurements, you can enter them.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
WE ONLY NEED FOUR OF YOUR MEASUREMENTS:
  1. Neck Width
  2. Sleeve Length
  3. Height
  4. Weight
I don't doubt that they could beat the fit of OTR shirts with just those four. I'm also guessing their costs are lower than Jantzen because of the limited options - this is closer to a RTW line with more granular sizes than MTM. I welcome this entry to the market place. It's about time Jantzen had some competition!

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how is this differnt than paul fredrick or whatever else i see out there?

127.72 MHz

Reaction score
I know nothing about the company in question but if we have gone down to the level of Paul Fredrick,... I can say without doubt that one will do MUCH better with Lands Ends shirts than ANYTHING Paul Fredrick can turn out.

I have bought Paul Fredrick and ready to wear Land's End as well as land's End Custom. Land's End may not offer the ready to wear (standard model) selections in French Cuff, or the collar choices that Fredrick does, but if this matters go with land's End "Custom."

I've been very unhappy with the quality of the fabric, construction, as well a shoddy buttons on Paul Fredrick Shirts. (If you have your shirts professionally done Paul Fredrick buttons just fall apart)

Bill Woodward
aka 127.72 MHz
Portland, Oregon

Gong Tao

Reaction score
Only three choices for collars and cuffs. No options for placket, back pleats, buttons, sleeve placket buttons, interlinings, gussets, monograms, stitching, thread color, collar and cuff size, or pocket style.

While I can easily imagine that these shirts are a decent value, and will fit better than OTR, they are not going to satisfy real connoisseurs.

The only advantage over Jantzen would be customer service-- but even the Mafia has better customer service than Jantzen.

127.72 MHz

Reaction score
Point taken Gong,....The only reason I chimed in was reading about Paul Fredrick.

My simple point: When one buys Paul Fredrick, they could have done much better with Land's End. In no way am I attempting to show Land's End as a high end shirt maker, they're just head and shoulders above anything Paul Fredrick sells.

Bill Woodward
aka 127.72 MHz
Portland, Oregon
USA

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
I think that these HBS guys are on to something. But they are missing it just slightly. The better course would be to have a two-level system -- "entry level" MTM (which is basically what they have now) and "true custom" (something like Jantzen). I think that a venture capitalist could buy-out Jantzen's internet business and make a killer -- better website, better customer service, and slightly higher price. You could tempt newbies with the entry level MTM and retain their business once they decide they want even more options. The problem with this business model right now is that at most a customer would be ordering 10 or 12 shirts every couple of years -- there just aren't enough options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads