• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shirting in Palm Beach

rgoldstein

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good tailor here in palm beach county who does bespoke shirting. I'd be getting mostly business staples. My budget would be about 150 a shirt. A couple places recommended to me, hoping for some commentary: The Custom Shop My dad apparently had a closet full of shirts from here in the 80s and swears by the quality level, however I hear they're made in Honduras nowadays. Can anyone comment? There's one in Palm Beach Gardens, apparently. They have some fabrics that start at 100/shirt. Uomo This is a little (and I mean little shop in west palm. I've stopped in and talked to the owner. He's a well dressed Italian (I think) guy, seemed real friendly. Very "sprezz."
smile.gif
He said he takes measurements and specifications and then the shirts are made in California. He does any additional alterations in house once the shirt comes in. Charges about 200 apiece. Fabric selection looked quite extensive and good quality. I've already considered and ruled out brooks brothers' mtm program. Beyond that, any recommendations from fellow styleforvm Palm Beachers?

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Unless you're mixing terminology) For $150 you get mtm or ****** bespoke. Reconsider. Bespoke shirts offer so little value in excess of decent mtm anyway.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the shirt made in Honduros is well made.
just depends on the fabric chosen.

not sure who the guy could be using in california.

there are some real shirtmakers in Miami. but none are very reasonable.

does ike behar have a local mtm program?
they are in miami

rgoldstein

Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
(Unless you're mixing terminology) For $150 you get mtm or ****** bespoke. Reconsider. Bespoke shirts offer so little value in excess of decent mtm anyway.

Yeah, being a relative noob I am likely referring to MTM. Basically a situation where I select a fabric, collar style, buttons, cuffs, etc and have the shirt made to my dimensions.

the shirt made in Honduros is well made.
just depends on the fabric chosen.
Honduras produces some decent workmanship? I know that some of the stuff out of China is pretty high quality right now, but I don't know about some of the other offshore makers. On a related note I imagine there is not a massive difference between, for example, a hand finished armhole and a machine sewn one that I would ever notice. I'm wearing these to work and the occasional night out. Seems like you're the person to ask, in any case.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads