• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shirt makers in London?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe he went from Turnbull & Asser to Hilditch & Key, yes.
Is he still at H&K? And has anyone compared his bespoke there vs his student Wil Whiting?

George kot 999

Reaction score
I would like to share my experience, I believe one of the best shirtmakers are T& A ,Budd etc I have a shirt bought from T&A it is amazing and I m still wearing regularly. The cost is pretty much expensive! Last year I tried a company CEO’S LEGACY it’s fabulous and very good price if I compare to high street or Jermyn st sellers. The tailor told me that the fabrics they are using from the same mills. They operate in London area visit customers at their place . If I give quality 100% and price 200% recommended…

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on their website, CEO's Legacy is a MTM house with limited options,
eg. 8 rather generic collar styles, etc. They may use great fabrics,
but from the website they are not bespoke.

Last edited:

abkain

Reaction score
Based on their website, CEO's Legacy is a MTM house with limited options,
eg. 8 rather generic collar styles, etc. They may use great fabrics,
but from the website they are not bespoke.
No experience with this company but the name doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. Plus the price being noted as excellent as compared to High Street and Jermyn Street seems a bit odd since I have always thought of those two streets as representing generally opposite price tiers. Not trying to knock the poster’s contribution here - I guess I am just a little suspect after seeing some robotic/algorithmic promotions on social media from the company.

George kot 999

Reaction score
I don’t have that much experience with the particular company, I just got one shirt and it’s perfect for me I didn’t order online a tailor come to a business summit, measured , showed fabric sample.

Frog in Suit

Reaction score
Perhaps you do not aim high enough...I checked Hilditch & Keys's (Paris) prices: bespoke shirts start at 684 €...
Merry Christmas Eve from Paris.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I‘ve been using Harvie & Hudson made-to-measure for years. I don’t know if they do full bespoke.

The firm is a delight to work with, and Andrew Hudson is a true gentleman.

George kot 999

Reaction score
I‘ve been using Harvie & Hudson made-to-measure for years. I don’t know if they do full bespoke.

The firm is a delight to work with, and Andrew Hudson is a true gentleman.
Are they have any minimum orders for bespoke shirts?

BrianPat

Reaction score
Most of the shirtmakers above mentioned has a minimum 4-5 orders. I believe for one shirt costs £300 and above, do you think it’s worth it? They offer MTM with no minimum orders. I don’t know what is the limitations for a MTM . ..
my another doubt is most of the Italian shirtmakers are handmade rather than a machine work, eg: hand sewn button hole, shoulder seams etc . Do you think a handmade button hole is better than a machine one? And it costs too much..!

Frog in Suit

Reaction score
Most of the shirtmakers above mentioned has a minimum 4-5 orders. I believe for one shirt costs £300 and above, do you think it’s worth it? They offer MTM with no minimum orders. I don’t know what is the limitations for a MTM . ..
my another doubt is most of the Italian shirtmakers are handmade rather than a machine work, eg: hand sewn button hole, shoulder seams etc . Do you think a handmade button hole is better than a machine one? And it costs too much..!
I am pretty sure Sean O'Flynn has no minimum first order.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are they have any minimum orders for bespoke shirts?

If you're interested in a specific shirtmaker, you can always ask them. Different companies will have different rules. You'll probably want to find out the entry cost, the minimum order on the first order, and whether they're in fact bespoke or MTM. Many companies market themselves as bespoke even though they're a MTM company.

The advantage of good bespoke is that you can get a better fit. I use Proper Cloth for my MTM shirts, and while the fit is good (especially for being an online MTM company), they can't correct for everything. Good bespoke allows you to get special collars, correct for asymmetric shoulder slope, and deal with difficult postures.

I personally don't care much about handwork, especially on shirts. However, I've handled RTW G. Inglese and 100 Hands shirts and I thought the level of handwork is very impressive. If they were within my budget in bespoke, I would get them. But as you know, once you couple that level of handwork with a bespoke pattern, the price can be very expensive. IMO, the two most important parts of the shirt are the fit and collar.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Deema Abi-Chahine is a very fine maker, referred to me by one of my tailors. One-woman shop, so no worries about being shoved off to MTM-land. But also, no US tours.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
But below the Legacy Summer Intern.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads