Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bespoke Math Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PiPPo NYC, Jun 11, 2012.

1. PiPPo NYC

PiPPo NYC New Member

I wanted to post a follow up to my previous Bespoke Math post. The tailor I initially consulted with is Michael Andrews Bespoke. The price I was asked to pay was $3,000 and, even if I did not go with them because of the partial construction overseas, which was a deal breaker for me, I have to say that the experience was very pleasant. The pattern, I was told, is paper and a lot of work is done on site. In any case, given the overseas partial construction, I felt that the price was too much and hence my bargaining post (to which I never followed up).

Everyone at MABs was cordial and professional. Therefore, if you are the market for a trendy, cool experience, and have extra cash to spend, I would recommend them. I am more of a classic guy so, unfortunately, it did not work out. Moreover, I no longer wear suits, so before spending that kind of money, I a little bit careful.

I decided, instead, to go with Bhambi Custom Tailors because they had done some alterations for me in the past and I was very happy with their work. Bhambi does not carry the Dourmeil fabric that I liked and for which I had only the pattern number. I have, however, posted on SF and a person from Dourmeil responded, so chapeau to Dormeuil for the amazing customer service.

I went to the Dourmeuil store and I was asked $199 per yard for the Amadeus cloth of my previous post, which I think is a little bit pricey.

So my question is do you guys know a store in NYC where I can go to look for fabrics for suiting with a wide selection?

Thanks

PiPPo

PS Once the suit is done I will post a few pics, so you can judge the quality of Bhambi's work.

2. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Good luck

Why not go RTW? Might be better option for you