• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke leather gloves

Solari

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'd quite like to order a good quality MTM/bespoke pair of leather gloves. I heard about www.rekawiczki.waw.pl but I haven't had a reply from him (does anyone know of a good way to contact them?)

Otherwise can anyone recommend a good way to order MTM/bespoke leather gloves if I live in London, UK?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I you can get to Paris, I can recommend Camille Fournet (which acquired Lavabre Cadet a couple years ago). I believe they may be the last Paris/Millau glove maker that does bespoke. Quality of the leather and workmanship is above the rest also.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I you can get to Paris, I can recommend Camille Fournet (which acquired Lavabre Cadet a couple years ago). I believe they may be the last Paris/Millau glove maker that does bespoke. Quality of the leather and workmanship is above the rest also.
I'll actually be in Paris next week, and waht to get some peccary gloves, but with this design, which I have not seen except at Causse:

http://www.causse-gantier.fr/boutique/en/famille.php?ID_gamme=2&ID_famille=22

Is this a proprietary design, in which case I guess I'll have to cough up 400+ Euros for them (I think that the unlined version is somewhat less expensive than the lined version) or is this just a rather unusual design that is still fairly common?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'll actually be in Paris next week, and waht to get some peccary gloves, but with this design, which I have not seen except at Causse: http://www.causse-gantier.fr/boutique/en/famille.php?ID_gamme=2&ID_famille=22 Is this a proprietary design, in which case I guess I'll have to cough up 400+ Euros for them (I think that the unlined version is somewhat less expensive than the lined version) or is this just a rather unusual design that is still fairly common?
I have Causse gloves as well. They are nice, but not as nice as the Lavabre Cadet / Camille Fournet pair I had made for me. Both are much nicer than stuff I've seen come out of Italy. Causse tends to be more fashion-oriented, so their designs will often be less traditional. For peccary, I would always go unlined. Otherwise, what's the point of peccary.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
All of my peccary gloves are unlined, but I suppose that in a really cold environment, and I suppose that what consistitutes cold varies from person to person, then some lining might be warranted. It never really gets cold enough in Paris, or honestly, pretty much any part of France, to warrant lined gloves, though, ime. So, I'm going to be stuck with Causse if I want that design then, I guess.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Quote:
All of my peccary gloves are unlined, but I suppose that in a really cold environment, and I suppose that what consistitutes cold varies from person to person, then some lining might be warranted. It never really gets cold enough in Paris, or honestly, pretty much any part of France, to warrant lined gloves, though, ime. So, I'm going to be stuck with Causse if I want that design then, I guess.
Well, Camille Fournet might be willing to do a one-off design for you. I did not test them that way, so I wouldn't know. Regardless, they would be 20-40% more expensive than Causse and being "stuck" with Causse is not a real problem. They make really, really nice gloves. It gets pretty cold in New York, but I don't wear lined gloves. Hate the look and feel. Willing to suffer.

Last edited:

PSNY

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'd quite like to order a good quality MTM/bespoke pair of leather gloves. I heard about www.rekawiczki.waw.pl but I haven't had a reply from him (does anyone know of a good way to contact them?)

Otherwise can anyone recommend a good way to order MTM/bespoke leather gloves if I live in London, UK?

I've used Czelaw Jamrozinski. I was measured on the spot in Warsaw and the gloves came out well. There are some small adjustments which were expected that will be addressed on my next order. He does not carry many skins besides kid, deer, and lamb skin. The skins he does carry are of very good quality. His stiching is also very impressive. I am sourcing my own peccary hides for a project with him. He does not to my knowledge speak english. This maybe the reason why he is not responding to your inquiries.

I hate to be that guy, especially since Foo is in this thread, but I feel that anything over $250 for a pair of gloves is asinine! I will spend $3500+ on a pair of bespoke Cleverly's, but not more then $250 on gloves. The fit will make the gloves. As long as the handwork, lining, and leather is of good quality there is little difference between the makers. Leather quality should be very consistent with any fine glove maker. The source of Peccary I found is the same one used by Merola, Dents, Thomas Reimer, and likely many other makers.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'd really rather just get them unlined.

Fok, curious if you ended up getting those Causse gloves? Wondering what you think of the quality. Kind of interested in a pair for myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads