• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bespoke in Stockholm

Snowman_SE

Reaction score
This might be old news, but I recently learned that Hans Allde has started a bespoke service. Prior to this A.W Bauer & Co was the only tailor offering bespoke in Sweden, and surprisingly all of Scandinavia (according to a very friendly tailor at Bauer, a Danish fellow I can't recall the name of).

Has anyone tried both these tailors? A.W Bauer has more tradition and history. I don't know if I would want to gamble with a relatively new bespoke tailor who has done mainly RTW and MTO historically. Nothing wrong with this though, I love the Hans Allde store and Hans is a really experienced and likeable fellow.

Big Bird

Reaction score
I have not tried A.W Bauer's bespoke services but they come with highest praise from those who have. From what I hear they are at a very high international level, but so are also their prices...

Hans Aldes renovated shop looks great and I am looking forward to their new expanded MTM programs. I have not heard anything about their new bespoke service. Do you have any info about Annica Hed (the tailor)? Is she the same Annica as the one who used to work at Götrich?

/BB

Holdemaron

Reaction score
if it helps you, it has opened a bespoke sulution in oslo. I am awaiting my first fitting so cant tell you annything more than that for now . Pm me if you want to know more
smile.gif

evil_bond

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdemaron
if it helps you, it has opened a bespoke sulution in oslo. I am awaiting my first fitting so cant tell you annything more than that for now . Pm me if you want to know more
smile.gif

the ramstad thing?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Snowman_SE
... and surprisingly all of Scandinavia (according to a very friendly tailor at Bauer, a Danish fellow I can't recall the name of).

There are at least two offering bespoke in Copenhagen. Bay and Undà n.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan

Did not know about them.
Has anyone here tried them? Their prices seems reasonable. How is their quality?

/BB

Snowman_SE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan

Ah yes, our Danish friends down south should have some bespoke services, being so prominent in the fashion industry. Good to hear. Maybe I'll pop by next time I'm in Kopenhagen. Prices seemed to be about 20% less than Bauer.

What about Ã…rhus?

Originally Posted by Big Bird
Hans Aldes renovated shop looks great and I am looking forward to their new expanded MTM programs. I have not heard anything about their new bespoke service. Do you have any info about Annica Hed (the tailor)? Is she the same Annica as the one who used to work at Götrich?
/BB

I have no intel on their tailor (s). There were a total of three tailors when I was there for my MTM this week, two female and one male.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Bird
Did not know about them.
Has anyone here tried them? Their prices seems reasonable. How is their quality?

I've used them both for minor alterations but I have no experience with their bespoke quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads