Bespoke in Bogota?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ParadoxTom, Oct 21, 2010.

1. ParadoxTom

ParadoxTom New Member

Hi everyone--

I am moving down to Bogota, Colombia in a few weeks, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with getting suits/formalwear/etc. made down there.

Any recommendations about specific tailors would be appreciated, but I'm curious to hear about people's general experiences with bespoke in Latin America--prices, quality, and so on. Thanks!

2. alitarbegshe

alitarbegshe New Member

Anyone? Please?

In a similar boat as the OP, would love to hear the boards experience with Bogota, particularly with bespoke. or MTM.

Many thanks in advance

3. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

I have some experience with Uruguayan and Brazilian tailoring.
    Usually the quality (machine sewn, fused/partially fused) is compromised to achieve low prices, but you can find some hidden treasures.
    I am, for example, commissioning some pieces with an Uruguayan tailor that produces the best value that I have ever found (within my college student budget). Partially canvased suits, with minimal hand sew, for the equivalent of US$ 250 CMT. The fit, so far, is far above MTM and the attention to the costumer is the best that I have ever found.
    I will try to borrow a good camera from a friend to post some decent photos here.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012