1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bespoke handmade heather gray skinny suit 34S + TWO pairs of suit pants (30/32 + 30/30)

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by lostfourwords, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostfourwords

lostfourwords Senior member

This is a custom-made heather gray wool skinny suit, made for me in September 2010 by Adrian Park, owner and head tailor of De Louice (http://www.louicechicago.com/index.php), a custom design and tailor shop; the suit was made by hand here in Chicago.

When designing the suit, I had very specific requirements for its construction, which I’ll list here (and should be evident in the photos):
    * Three-season wool
    * Shorter jacket length
    * Two button front enclosure
    * High arm holes/slim sleeve lengths * Body-hugging silhouette
    * Narrow shoulders
    * No back vents
    * Very slim lapels (less than 1”)
    * No pleats
    * Suit trousers in two styles: 1) typical mid-rise skinny; 2) Thom Browne-style, with a higher waist and ankle-length hit.

As you can see in the photos and my specifications, both the jacket and pants are very slim-fitting (though quite comfortable), with many of the trademark design features of Hedi Slimane-era Dior Homme. Be sure to check the measurements below; I am 5’10” and a shade below 140 pounds. (Given the jacket length, the suit would also work for men shorter than me.)

Jacket
    * Armpit-to-armpit: 17 inches
    * Shoulders: 16 inches
    * Length (top-of-collar to hem): 27 inches
    * Sleeve length: 23.5 inches

Pants
    * Waist: 15.5 inches (on both)
    * Pant length (hem to top-of-the-waist): 42/40.5 inches
    * Inseam: 32/30 inches

The suit is basically new, worn a half-dozen times (less now as I work from home more often, hence why I’m selling); the price is 33% less than the nearly $600 I paid for the suit. Shipped in a keepsake garment bag; suit has been dry cleaned for you. Email me if you need more photos or info.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.