• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to catching up with you & D this w/end in HKG..

& if you are wondering.. The coat will be too WARM
cheers.gif

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
cute la! look like they have done a good job - congrat's!

+1 and the coat looks nice too!!!

instep

Reaction score
gshen, done at the 'usual' place, or somewhere else?

My GF's pretty interested in getting one made up.

Simon4rings

Reaction score
Hi Gshen, where is this new tailor that you're using? No more love for Nani? How much would CMT for a full suit at the new tailor be?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, great thread!

1. In your first pic on the first page, (someone else also asked), what are those shoes?!! VERY nice. oxblood?

2. Girlfriend's coat - I agree the sleeves should probably be a bit longer. Also, may need to have the underarm area taken in a bit and around the thighs. I know it needs some room for walking, and she's wearing skinny jeans so it emphasizes it, but still, it looks a bit skirty/billowy to me.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaxixi
^ I like it a lot (though perhaps it's the hanger, not the clothes).
Originally Posted by Smahatma
The hanger is cute as a button. Nice find.
Originally Posted by luk-cha
cute la! look like they have done a good job - congrat's!
Originally Posted by dragon8
+1 and the coat looks nice too!!!
Thanks folks! She's blushing IRL...
Originally Posted by instep
gshen, done at the 'usual' place, or somewhere else? My GF's pretty interested in getting one made up.
Originally Posted by Simon4rings
Hi Gshen, where is this new tailor that you're using? No more love for Nani? How much would CMT for a full suit at the new tailor be?
PM me for more top secret info folks! I'm still Nani's fav customer (self-declared).. instep - it's the same guy who makes my trousers
Originally Posted by texas_jack
her coat is nice but the sleeve are too short.
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Wow, great thread! 1. In your first pic on the first page, (someone else also asked), what are those shoes?!! VERY nice. oxblood? 2. Girlfriend's coat - I agree the sleeves should probably be a bit longer. Also, may need to have the underarm area taken in a bit and around the thighs. I know it needs some room for walking, and she's wearing skinny jeans so it emphasizes it, but still, it looks a bit skirty/billowy to me.
Yeah, I agree coat sleeves might be better about 1/2" longer.. but the sleeve buttonhole is functional..can't change things! Also, she was wearing a really thin top underneath.. will probably look better after real layering? edit: shoes are arthur barker, purchased from Vman off the selling forums. thanks!
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Are winter coats even nesscessary in Singapore?
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by TheWraith
I was thinking the same thing.
Airconditioning is brutal in Singapore.. you didn't know? HAHA jk - we need good winter coats for the harsh winter in Finland. At these prices, why buy OTR?
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Looking forward to catching up with you & D this w/end in HKG.. & if you are wondering.. The coat will be too WARM
cheers.gif

Can't wait mate!
cheers.gif

wetnose

Reaction score
If it's your first winter coming from the humid sauna of Singapore, then it could be tough. But my research shows winters in Finland rarely drop below freezing, so that is very bearable. A coat like that will be just fine, and perhaps some lined gloves would help as well. Layer with a nice cashmere sweater and you're done.

instep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
If it's your first winter coming from the humid sauna of Singapore, then it could be tough. But my research shows winters in Finland rarely drop below freezing, so that is very bearable. A coat like that will be just fine, and perhaps some lined gloves would help as well. Layer with a nice cashmere sweater and you're done.
I've done winter in Sweden. You're completely forgetting about wind and rain (sleet). I agree that coming from Singapore, he'll probably need to wear something 2x as warm as what is 'needed'.

stylomilo

Reaction score
where is Iris Tailor located? I would be obliged if you could furnish me with the address-Thanks

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylomilo
where is Iris Tailor located? I would be obliged if you could furnish me with the address-Thanks

Iris tailor is located at b1-105 of Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road....the shopping heart of Singapore. When you come out of the Orchard MRT subway station, just ask for directions...almost within throwing distance.

Francisco

Reaction score
How much does it cost in general of making a suit? Does this place normally help you for alteration of your own jacket?

Alfa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Iris tailor is located at b1-105 of Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road....the shopping heart of Singapore. When you come out of the Orchard MRT subway station, just ask for directions...almost within throwing distance.
I actually just went this weekend to get them to do some sleeve length alterations to two blazers. The address is wrongly listed on the internet and even at the mall's directory. They have moved 1 level up, but nearly the same location on the first floor. When I got there at 11am on Saturday Nani was not in, so I had to come back 1 hour later. He seemed extremely competent, but his rates were slightly more than expected. $50 to shorten blazer sleeves and another $50 to make functional cuffs which is certainly fair, but definitely seems upmarket compared to his competitors in Lucky Plaza. The two jackets I brought in were cheap finds from Woodbury Commons years ago so I thought no point to spend twice the cost of the jackets on alterations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads