1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gshen, Dec 2, 2008.

1. pmnightmare

pmnightmare Member

Ah, so are you supposed to adopt a relaxed posture for fittings? Sorry for being a complete newbie. I admit that when the camera came out, I just stood to attention. [​IMG]

Did have an issue with it being very tight on the back (hugging my collar bone) so this is after an adjustment.

2. aspenx

aspenx Active Member

I saw your posts on "the other forum". You quoted $400~$500 (SGD?) for a set of suit and a shirt. What fabrics would that be?

Personally, I'm very skeptical (about the fit more than anything).

Anyways, I'll be heading back to my usual tailor for my suit once they are open after the holidays. Albeit the much higher cost.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  3. apple3210

apple3210 Well-Known Member

hey guys, does anyone know when Iris tailor re-opens from the CNY break? haven't had any luck getting in contact

4. pmnightmare

pmnightmare Member

They just reopened, I'm going for my third fitting today. Email Nani at iristailor@gmail.com, she's very nice.

5. uglymale

uglymale New Member

Dylan & Son quoted me $3000 for a 2pc, SB, full canvas, Dormeuil 130s suit.

Is that excessive by Singapore standards? It certainly sounds so...

6. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

It seems a bit excessive for SG standards. But if you are willing to go around that range why not check out Kevin Seah Bespoke they seem to have gotten favorable reviews from the rake and i think they start at about 2k SGD

7. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

I think you will find that Seah starts at SG$3,000 for basic fabrics.

8. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Stand the way that you normally stand. If you're standing abnormally for the picture, we won't get a true indication of how the suit fits. The shoulders look fine to me. Maybe we need more pictures.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  9. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

Guess I was reading outdated posts. Do you have any experience with them? Are they any good?

10. Hacking jacket

Hacking jacket Senior member

Agreed.
    Personally I'd have the pants recut in the seat, they're too baggy.

11. Flame

Flame Senior member

Since this is the most active thread on SF about Singapore,

where to find a decent MTM program for shirts/pants? Budget would be 150sgd for either. So far zero MTM experience, only bought OTR.

12. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

13. alloy13

alloy13 Well-Known Member

yup they are still there, and they still suck.

feel the range of fabrics for yourself.

14. Flame

Flame Senior member

exactly. marcella is kinda meh.

15. Madmax812

Madmax812 Member

[​IMG]
    Shopping for shirting fabric at RSK, also bought some suit fabric upstairs at Kong Seng.
    [​IMG]

16. Madmax812

Madmax812 Member

I have been using Lai En for shirts, but they can't seem to get the shoulder bunching issue from my sloped shoulders sorted in the first fitting. Generally good quality but after four batches of shirts and several fittings until they get it passable, I've decided to search for another shirt tailor. Centre Shirts Manufacturing is working on two shirts for me now and I'll see next week how they turn out.

I had Hwa Seng make a couple shirts for me in the past and their tailor used a digital slope gauge on each shoulder, so the first fitting was perfect. Still there are so many more economical options here in Singapore that its worth looking around.

17. alloy13

alloy13 Well-Known Member

Any first-hand experience with Lai En and Madam Neo? The latter seems to get a lot of online praise, but I don't know if it's customer reviews or PR.

I'm looking for good CMT for shirts and pants only. Separate recommendations for each will be best.

18. Madmax812

Madmax812 Member

Lai En made a few batches of shirts for me. Finish is okay and price is right, fit isn't great and they don't adapt well to necessary adjustments. Shirts are holding up pretty well, but the points of the collars seem to be blunting on a couple shirts.

CSM made a couple shirts for me. Fit was decent, but there are lose threads on every button and in other places so the construction seems lower quality. Never tried Madam Neo. I'm still looking for a shirt maker that I would recommend, perhaps I need to go upscale a bit more.

19. CrimsonWave

CrimsonWave Well-Known Member

You could try Art Tailor at the basement of Liang Court for trousers. Prices are reasonable.

20. Ecstasy

Ecstasy Senior member

You had trousers made at Art Tailor before?

What is the price range we are looking at? Thanks for sharing.