• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bespoke from Hong Kong!

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes from Hong Kong, got to know the Store through Lukcha

Wholecut w/ Medallion, was planning to do something about the color through antiquing, but it has grown on me and I hesitate. Will post better res photos once available!
smile.gif

307490553_ba1a535227.jpg

307490555_741e489345.jpg

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I quite like the colour, although I'm not a wholecut person myself (they make my feet look like PT boats).

Can you share the details of your HK bootmaker? I'm planning a trip there myself.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Shoes from Hong Kong, got to know the Store through Lukcha

Wholecut w/ Medallion, was planning to do something about the color through antiquing, but it has grown on me and I hesitate. Will post better res photos once available!
smile.gif

307490553_ba1a535227.jpg

307490555_741e489345.jpg

these are ok chap! i like the color too, but becareful once you start you wont be able to stop hence my 2 dozon or so pairs i have got!
bounce2.gif

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Luk-cha, you must tell me where is this shop!? How much do they charge?

Buckeye

Reaction score
Are those shoes true "bespoke"? Carved last, etc.? How much did they cost? They look incredible.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luk cha will have to answer most of the questions as I'm not too sure myself of the construction. I will talk about the process as much as possible

1st Visit - Measurements

- Took measurements of foot
- Drew shape of both feet on paper

2nd Visit - 1st Fitting

- They used some kind of hard fabric made shoe for 1st fitting, check for fit,
- Finalize on details, requested
--Slight Cuban Heel,
--Blake Stitch,
--Details and pin pattern on sole
--Wholecut w/ Medallion
--Toebox shape
--Color
--Raised arch
--Fiddle - back

3rd Visit
- Collected shoe!

Buckeye

Reaction score
What is the name of the shop and the cost of the shoes?

Thank you.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Look great!

kcheng

Reaction score
seems like its only about 1000 HKD... which seems like a bargain to me even if its blake stitched! Going to take the dive and will be getting a pair next Saturday - hope it turns out well!

Toiletduck, any idea of how long between the 1st visit and 2nd?

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For 1000HKD you can only get a pair of Magnanni's at 50% off from lanecrawford, these definately looks great for the price, will be visiting this weekend as well.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the starting price is from HK $1200 and for for additional requests. i have been to wher they are made and the are all hand made by shang hai elves. they dont use any machines to make the shoes. i have been buying from them for arround 2 years and before i found SF and the other fora i really abused my shoes and they still have held up well, 1 pair i had worn continually for 2 weeks while on a sales trip last year and they are still in great shape with minimal wear and tear. they do huge mail order business to Japan and the USA. they dont make any good year welted shoes for the simple fact they can not get the tools in HK any more (thus if anyone knows where you can PM me) butth shoe that TD has had made are welted.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
For 1000HKD you can only get a pair of Magnanni's at 50% off from lanecrawford, these definately looks great for the price, will be visiting this weekend as well.

I really love the monks that they have w/ a medallion in front. However they only have them in BLACK and the OTHER model they have happens to be brown. jeebus

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads