• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke for HK: President Textiles Co

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Hi all, its my first post here. I'm a fresh grad. getting quite fashion conscious- and learning a lot by reading past threads.

I had a good experience here, I don't think they're advertised and seem very old school..

President Textiles Co
Level 17 Fu Wai Centre
140 De Voeux Rd, Central, Hong Kong
Phone +852 25420020

They have contracted a Shanghainese tailor- he looks about 65 years old and had 30+ yrs experience in the tailoring business. I asked, and he reportedly does all chalking, cutting and tailoring himself.
Tailoring charges are $1,600 for 1 suit (more for more expensive textiles and vice versa)

They're quite nice, speak cantonese- never tried english. I'm not a hotshot banker and i'm pleased by their friendly attitude wheras others shops would just snub me.

They sell exclusively british textiles including savile row: scabal, h&S, dormuil, wain shiel, broadgraves, fox ..etc etc. they dont' have any of those higher super counts as its 'not durable'.

i had 2 suits done. one brown WS suit, and another very nice holland and sherry cashmere and mink(hope more cashmere and less mink ^^). both were $3000 for a suit length (textile + tailoring)- this shop mainly profits from selling the cloth.

You have to be careful and be exact in your specifications else they'd give you something different. My first jacket fit very well, and the second wasn't as good, had to alter it. Shirts are horrendous.. i might try jantzen. Nothing wrong with construction, but prob. i had poor choice of fabric. I am extremely pleased with President's textile and construction of my two suits, but note that this is my first exp. with bespoke- used to go off the rack.

Anyone else had feedback here?

sweep

Reaction score
What was it about the fit of the second jacket that you didn't like?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They used to have a shop on Des Voeux Rd Central, just near by Hang Seng Bank HQ. They closed the shop last year.
Very old fashion tailor. Most of their fabrics are old stock.
yfyf, should be HKD.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toiletduck,

A non fancy old stock fabrics fused suit is at that price in most tailor shops in HK.
That is normal price.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
blue navy pinstripe: SUPER 120s cashmere and mink worsted (holland and sherry)
brown suit: super 120s worsted (wain shiell)

I didn't like cut of blue suit cuz i'm a slightly slimmer build, waist wasn't as 'hourglass' shaped as i wanted the british style suit to be (2 buttons, 2 vents, lightly padded, etc). Its getting fixed.

Alls fair and well when they give me the patch (see picture) saying its a H&S or WS suit, but how do you know its actually that brand? From the writing on the edge of the fabrics, not many of htem have the brand name on it.- my concern because i still CANNOT tell which fabric is quality and which is crap- hence reliance on brand names assuming they have a minimum standard of quality.

Yes HKD$3000/ USD400.

They moved to a new address, didn't close up shop entirely.
Level 17, 140 De Voeux Rd.

anyone else got a suit done here? looking for some other feedback.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
and yes i have googled...

but any of you guys can give me a description of terylene? is it good to have this polyester blend in suits- apparently making it more durable or always go pure wool?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most of the H&S has brand name on selvedge. Check your pants pockets, most chinese cutters left the selvedge at the edge of the pockets.
Anyway, President is an old textiles company in HK, I don't think they will sell fake fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads