• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Fitters Model

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frodo
Superb. "Too nice to wear" comes to mind! I've lusted over D. W. Frommer's boots on his website for years now. I'm glad he's on Style Forum. He's obviously one of America's, if not one of the world's, great cordwainers.
blush.gif
Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I only wish it were true. I have way, way too much to learn. Let's just say "he's pretty good."

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look very nice. Enjoy them in good health!

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would like to remark that it takes a tremendous leap of faith for any individual and especially one as apparently savvy as Glenjay...both in terms of computers and Style...to read about a maker on a forum, and on the sole basis of a few photos and posts, decide to commission a pair of bespoke shoes. What's more, I came on this forum flatly stating that I was just getting into shoemaking (after forty years making boots) and claimed no special cachet or celebrity. I have actually been surprised by the number of people from this forum who have accorded me their trust and the opportunity to be of service. I hope that I have fulfilled Glenjay's wishes in every regard and that over the long term these shoes will become a favourite pair. My thanks for your patronage Glen and... a wee dram wi' ya... slainte mhath!
Laphroig.jpg

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
I would like to remark that it takes a tremendous leap of faith for any individual and especially one as apparently savvy as Glenjay...both in terms of computers and Style...to read about a maker on a forum, and on the sole basis of a few photos and posts, decide to commission a pair of bespoke shoes.

What's more, I came on this forum flatly stating that I was just getting into shoemaking (after forty years making boots) and claimed no special cachet or celebrity.

I have actually been surprised by the number of people from this forum who have accorded me their trust and the opportunity to be of service.

I hope that I have fulfilled Glenjay's wishes in every regard and that over the long term these shoes will become a favourite pair.

My thanks for your patronage Glen and...

a wee dram wi' ya...

slainte mhath!

Laphroig.jpg

DW, if I were in the US, I would gladly come visit and commission a pair of shoes from you. Perhaps one day...

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Frank,

I thank you for that....the sentiment means almost as much as a commission.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nice shoes, also i llike to see the whole process - i am sure DW has done you proud

emptym

Reaction score
Beautiful. Thanks for the pictures, DW and Glenjay.

emptym

Reaction score
Another set of fitters from DW, in the box:
imgp4133.jpg
on the table:
imgp4135.jpg
and on the feet:
imgp4141t.jpg
imgp4139.jpg
They fit incredibly well. I'm supposed to mark where they don't feel good, but they fit like gloves.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
nice looking fitters, deff love the boot (chukka?)
Edit: the fit around the ankle and heel look really good too

the.chikor

Reaction score
glenjay;3269396 said:
As Promised:

Interior showing tonally similar lining:
Bespoke_13.jpg

QUOTE]

DFW,

Hard to see, but are you using a slip bead around the collar? It looks like it, but picture just doesn't seem to be clear enough for me to be sure. Thanks

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
DFW, Hard to see, but are you using a slip bead around the collar? It looks like it, but picture just doesn't seem to be clear enough for me to be sure. Thanks
No it's a folded edge. The top line, the facings, the Adelaide instep and the toe cap are all folded.

teo

Reaction score
wow ! I've enjoyed all photos, great job and great shoes !

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your work is truly awesome. I'd love to own a pair myself someday. I really admire the sleekness of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads