1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bespoke blazer suit, critique please

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by macaroni, Jan 19, 2010.

1. dshreter

dshreter Active Member

Worst thing about the suit is the photographs, I think it probably looks great in real life.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Worst thing about the suit is the photographs, I think it probably looks great in real life.

I agree, the photos make it look pretty shapeless.

3. stevejacobsit

stevejacobsit Active Member

I think overall, it looks quite good. However, the jacket should be a bit tighter around the stomache/waist.

It seems like its fitting like a box on you. I'm not sure if you wanted it like that.

4. macaroni

macaroni Senior member

You might be right. It's difficult to take great photos with self timer.

5. furo

furo Senior member

You might be right. It's difficult to take great photos with self timer.

Take pics outside in the daylight. Problem solved.

From what I can tell in the photos given, the first shot of the back and the photo right after that present an unacceptable result for bespoke.

I'd take it back to get those issues fixed for sure. The back should be cleaner and that's probably caused by an improper fit around the entire waist.

Also, as Lee pointed out, the collar isn't fit well at all. There is too much shirt collar showing and there's a definite gap visible in the 4th pic that needs to be fixed.

6. July

July Well-Known Member

Bespoke, with 3 fittings in process.

For the next time, I'd ask them to clean up the back, around the waist. I don't think it's an effect of the waist being too tight, but there is some crumpling (or divoting) back there that can easily be fixed. This is most evident in pictures 5 and 6. If you changed your posture or pulled down on the jacket's tails, the curve would be much smoother around the small of your back and you wouldn't have as many creases. Your tailor should make your jacket such that you don't have to do this.

7. macaroni

macaroni Senior member

The back might be the way I stand. I will look to that with the tailor.

I agree about the collar. It's too low.

How about the front? Im not sure I like the way two sides of the jacket overlap below center button. Photos are a bit dark but you can see what i mean at pictures 1 and 4.

8. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

whats with the hands in the pockets? are you posing for GQ? two useless pictures there.
    the collar is gaping all the way around.
    yes you have a right low shoulder but i cant see any bad effect. but then it may be causing problems in the right sleeve.
    bright outdoors light is great for seeing detail on dark clothing.
    the butt is far too tight. thats causing the weird bunching of cloth in the small of the back.
    thats also why the side vents are splitting open.

9. macaroni

macaroni Senior member

whats with the hands in the pockets? are you posing for GQ? two useless pictures there.

I just wanted to show some more natural positions.