• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besnard - Official Affiliate Thread

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeves are left unfinished so they can be altered to the desired length
I get the sentiment behind this approach but the reality is it adds a considerable cost for the buyer. Unless you’re an odd fit in sleeve length, this doesn’t usually add any value.

it also means the buyer cannot enjoy wearing the garment right away

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely prefer unfinished, I would think most people alter sleeve length on RTW, I suppose have button attach but not cut is an in between but just attaching button not cut button hole or alter sleeve length is pretty quick and cheap j would think

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jacket_LinenHoundstooth_Full_1000x.jpg

After a year of development, it is with great pleasure that I introduce the first jacket in our new house cut.

Our house style is characterised by a full chest, soft extended shoulders, and a relatively wide lapel with a low gorge. One of the most distinctive features is the slanted dart running from armhole to pocket. A fit that is comfortable and flattering to all body types.

Cut from an open Irish linen cloth that is so sturdy and heavy that it almost feels like a summer tweed. A cloth that ages gracefully and softens over time.

You can view the jacket here, more pictures of the jacket on a model will follow.

Curious to hear your thoughts and questions.

fit picture?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely prefer unfinished, I would think most people alter sleeve length on RTW, I suppose have button attach but not cut is an in between but just attaching button not cut button hole or alter sleeve length is pretty quick and cheap j would think
It’s perfectly feasible to have buttons attached with enough tolerance to alter sleeve length up to 1/2”. I don’t see any reason to leave sleeves unfinished just to fake the look of bespoke/custom clothing on RTW

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I’m 5’7” so kind in between 36S and 36R, most US36R/EU46 ship with 25in sleeve (measured from top, not sure about typical for short), and I need 23.5in so that’s 1.5in to chop… don’t think I’m that far off typical…

Shetterd

Reaction score
It’s perfectly feasible to have buttons attached with enough tolerance to alter sleeve length up to 1/2”. I don’t see any reason to leave sleeves unfinished just to fake the look of bespoke/custom clothing on RTW

Well I’m 5’7” so kind in between 36S and 36R, most US36R/EU46 ship with 25in sleeve (measured from top, not sure about typical for short), and I need 23.5in so that’s 1.5in to chop… don’t think I’m that far off typical…

I also usually need my sleeves shortened by 3.5cm or so.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I get the sentiment behind this approach but the reality is it adds a considerable cost for the buyer. Unless you’re an odd fit in sleeve length, this doesn’t usually add any value.

it also means the buyer cannot enjoy wearing the garment right away

I understand finished sleeves are more convenient for those with a regular sleeve length. In the past, we produced sport jackets with working buttons.

However, we received many requests from customers to produce jackets with unfinished sleeves. We decided to change this to make our jackets available to a wider audience

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just a heads up, we have only one jacket left in size 46

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
fit picture?

We hope to make fit pictures soon, unfortunately, we are still waiting for the spring summer trousers to come in. I could take some pictures later today or tomorrow and share them via a private message if you're interested. Let me know.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are glad to present some new arrivals, the first drop of our spring summer neckwear is now available on our webshop

Shantung Silk
Shantung_NavyPolkadot_600x.jpg
Shantung_GreenPolkadot_600x.jpg
Shantung_Regimentalstripe_600x.jpg

Grenadine Garza Grossa
Grenadine_GarzaGrossa_Navy_Top_600x.jpg
Grenadine_GarzaGrossa_Brown_Top_600x.jpg
Grenadine_GarzaGrossa_Navy_Top_600x.jpg

Grenadine Garza Fina
Grenadine_GarzaFina_Navy_Top_600x.jpg
Grenadine_GarzaFina_Olive_Top_600x.jpg
Grenadine_GarzaFina_BottleGreen_Top_600x.jpg

More ties will be available soon.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our spring summer trousers are made in Italy and cut from comfortable and sturdy linen, woven by Spence Bryson in Ireland.

Available in four versatile colours; navy, brown, natural, and off-white.

IMG_9488.jpeg

I have some good news for those who prefer a less tapered fit, we updated our model to a slightly more generous fit (the leg opening is about a half-inch wider). As in our previous collections, the trousers feature a high rise, single reverse pleats, and side adjusters.

Visit www.besnard.co to see the collection.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our spring summer trousers are made in Italy and cut from comfortable and sturdy linen, woven by Spence Bryson in Ireland.

Available in four versatile colours; navy, brown, natural, and off-white.
I have some good news for those who prefer a less tapered fit, we updated our model to a slightly more generous fit (the leg opening is about a half-inch wider). As in our previous collections, the trousers feature a high rise, single reverse pleats, and side adjusters.

Visit www.besnard.co to see the collection.
Looking very good! What is the weight of this fabric? I know Bryson has a number of different weights.

Out of curiosity, this updated fit extends (for now) only to the linen trousers, correct?

Also, just a heads up that the half thigh/leg opening rows are blank when checking measurements by inches.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking very good! What is the weight of this fabric? I know Bryson has a number of different weights.

Out of curiosity, this updated fit extends (for now) only to the linen trousers, correct?

Also, just a heads up that the half thigh/leg opening rows are blank when checking measurements by inches.

Thanks, it's from the Tropical bunch of Spence Bryson. The weight is 7.5oz (255 gms/sqm).

That's correct, only the linen trousers at the moment. New collections will also be in our new cut.

Also added the measurements in inches, thanks for pointing this out.

Sisyphus

Reaction score
Those are some really nice looking trousers! I have a question on the color though, when visiting your website the natural color linen trouser looks like light grey, and quite different from the natural color in the picture above? Are they indeed both the same trouser, and if so I wondered which picture represents the true color of the trouser the best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads