• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besnard - Official Affiliate Thread

DSze9010

Reaction score
How does the sizing compare to a Cavour blazer? Is there someone who tried both and could give some advise?

According to the size chart the Besnard blazer seems to be bigger. Is this is also true for the armhole and the upper sleeve? that's usually the reason why I have to size up and have to taken in the waist quite a lot.

And a question for Victor: are there plans for making matching blazers and trousers anytime soon?

Thanks in advance.

Agent Eternal

Reaction score
I have never tried a Cavour Blazer but i am usually a 48 and occasionally a 50. I am a 48 at Suit Supply, Pini Parma, and Brooks Brothers. Somewhere between a 48 and 50 at Hackett and LBM1911 depending on the cut and i have a Moleskin suit from Massimo Dutti at 50 because the 48 was extremely tight when i tried it on.

Having said that, The Besnard 48 is the perfect 48 for me. Best fit compared to everything else i have at 48.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How does the sizing compare to a Cavour blazer? Is there someone who tried both and could give some advise?

According to the size chart the Besnard blazer seems to be bigger. Is this is also true for the armhole and the upper sleeve? that's usually the reason why I have to size up and have to taken in the waist quite a lot.

And a question for Victor: are there plans for making matching blazers and trousers anytime soon?

Thanks in advance.
It's something that I would like to introduce, but I cannot commit to a timing just yet. As a self-funded company we are only able to grow a bit each season.

We are introducing a made-to-order sport coat service soon, perhaps I can work something out there.

If you are looking for something specific, I can always see what I can do. For example, a combination of a made-to-order sport coat and made-to-order trouser.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
Yes, I’ve found that in the same size, the Besnard fits more relaxed. The armhole is just as high or higher. The upper sleeve is maybe a little more full though I don’t recall it being dramatically different. Victor only sent me one on loan so I’m going on memory.

Compare the two in the same size on me here: https://www.menswearmusings.com/vic...taste-a-review-of-besnards-tailored-clothing/

And here:

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
After many requests, made-to-order trousers now available in Hardy Minnis Fresco; light grey, mid grey and mid brown.

Coming up next week, Irish linen in 5 colours (ivory, taupe, khaki, brown and grey)

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Besnard SS - Wide - 019.jpg

Our Spring / Summer 2023 lookbook is now presented on our website.
Discover how we wear the newest arrivals of our spring-summer collection.​

Styleforum Lookbook preview.jpg

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great tase! Perhaps the images could be made enlargeable?
Thank you.

For the images, I will see if I can arrange this in the next wave of site development.

The shortcut, for now, right click on the image and open the image in new tab. This way you can see the image in high res.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait. Our made-to-order trousers are now available in 5 shades of Irish linen; ivory, taupe, khaki, mid grey and brown.

https://besnard.co/products/made-to-order-trousers-in-irish-linen

As mentioned previously, if you want something that isn't offered on the product page, send me a DM or contact me at [email protected]. There are a lot more options and I can also help with remote made-to-measure where we create a pattern just for you (which will be kept for future orders).

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This month we are offering complimentary hemming on all trousers. At the bottom of the product page, you can add Hemming Service to your order. You can choose the desired finishing and inseam on the product page. Discount automatically applied at the checkout.

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Hello Victor!
Could you perhaps share which quality of Spence Bryson and which colour you use for your natural linen?
Curious about the weight and have some swatches here.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Victor!
Could you perhaps share which quality of Spence Bryson and which colour you use for your natural linen?
Curious about the weight and have some swatches here.
Sure, the quality is called Tropical. And the colour is actually called Natural (colour code 1166).
I hope this helps.

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Victor!
Apparently the colour is not available as cut length.
Would it be possible to purchase 4m through you?
Or do you not have any stock of this fabric?

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Victor!
Apparently the colour is not available as cut length.
Would it be possible to purchase 4m through you?
Or do you not have any stock of this fabric?
I'm afraid I do not have any meters left, I only purchased fabric for RTW (before we started the trouser MTO service). I may restock the trousers next year, then I will buy some extra for MTO commissions.

Are you interested in a suit? It's not available on our webshop yet, but I can also produce MTO sport coats. I can try to order the fabric cut length and produce a suit if you want (I've already done this for a few other customers).

Reactions: MaE

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads