• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bernie Madoff had some nice shoes.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20101113/ca...rULmpTco15SQ--

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20101113/ca...CPvzOjpXSaXg--

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20101113/ca...T1fKlhk34C6A--

Apparently some guy payed $6,000 at auction for a lot that included monogrammed boxer shorts, shirt, and the slippers. Even though he won't be able to wear them because he's a size 13, and old Bernie was an 8.
puzzled.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He apparently liked Belgians.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"There are 44 men’s sport coats, size 42. Two dozen worsted double-breasted suits are estimated at a total of $480 to $690. And there are hundreds of sweaters, polo shirts, and custom-made monogrammed Charvet dress shirts, as well as clothing owned by his wife, Ruth.

“On the clothing, I don’t know if I would say compulsive,” said Bob Sheehan, owner of the auctioneer Gaston & Sheehan, which is handling the sale. “But once they had a style of sweater, they bought one in every color.”

For whom the shoe fits (Bernie wore size 9 wide, Ruth wore 7, 7 1/2 and 8 U.S. and 37 to 38.5 European), the auction offers potential bargains. About 100 pairs of his “Mr. Casual” models hail from the Manhattan shoe store Belgian Shoes. They retail for $350 and up, according to the store’s website. Many are loafers.

No Comment

In one lot, the auction offers 18 new pairs -- which Madoff bought and apparently didn’t wear -- for a low estimate of $900, which comes to $50 a pair.

A woman who answered the phone at Belgian Shoes said the store didn’t wish to be associated with the sale and declined to comment."

Kind of a bargain, if you don't mind walking in a convicted felon's shoes.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
In one lot, the auction offers 18 new pairs -- which Madoff bought and apparently didn’t wear -- for a low estimate of $900, which comes to $50 a pair.
Damn ... and in my size!

Of course ... this will provide next-to-nothing to the fraud victims. But surely it is healing to see his personal items sold at auction.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got outbid on the bar set.
frown.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Sounds like a good deal on the Lobbs.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^Sounds like a good deal on the Lobbs.
Would you want to be walking around wearing that shithead's stuff? It's not like the Jon Voight car or anything. It's more analogous to owning Hitler's uniform. It would make me feel dirty.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spam[1].gif

jeromestyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
spam[1].gif

is not. I want to know what other people think of his style. If you´ve noticed, the auction for his items, already passed!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeromestyle
is not. I want to know what other people think of his style.
If you´ve noticed, the auction for his items already passed!

and how can you tell from those links???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads