1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bernard zins and other trousers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pink22m, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior Member

My search for a pair cords ended yesterday, as I just purchased a pair of Bernard Zins navy cords from the Nordstrom rack in Colma, CA. They actually had a pretty good selection there, including an assortment of colors from Faconnable. I purchased the cords for $43; they looked like they had been marked down a few times, and their original price looked to be around $135 or so. They seem to be pretty good quality, but I would still like to get anyone's opinion about Bernard Zins. How do they stack up compared to other makers such as Zegna? Who makes the best quality cords? Last week I saw a beautiful pair of Incotex cotton and cashmere cords, but at $600, they were just a little out of my price range. [​IMG] Additionally, at the rack, I saw a couple pairs of navy cotton trousers from Zegna, marked down to $39.97 They were originally $195, with the original tags still attached. They were both size 30's, which happen to be my size. They are definetely worth checking out.

2. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I actually wore a pair of Bernard Zins silk/linen trousers today. Very nice fabric. I also have a pair of Zins brown flannel graph check trousers that I like very much.

From what I've seen Zins makes a pretty good mid-range pair of trousers at a reasonable price. I would rank Zegna higher and Barbera and Incotex much higher, but I'm happy to have mine.

The nicest corduroys that I've ever seen were made by Incotex. Absolutely beautiful trousers, and priced like it, too.