1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Berman's Leather (old school Wilson's), anyone have any experience?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ludeykrus, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with Bermans' leather jackets? Here's the only thing I could find in the search:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ght=berman%27s

And this helpful fellow from a google search:

http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews...erjacket/56805

Basically, they were the company before Wilson's Leather became Wilson's Leather. I am considering a vintage leather Berman's motorcycle jacket, but I have no clue as to the quality of the leather.

Does anyone know if it is ultra thin fashion leather, mid grade 'normal' fashion stuff, or actual motorcycle-grade thick leather? IIRC, current Wilson's used thinner leather, but I don't know if they used to be better...

2. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

3. mikejones

mikejones Senior member

Wilson's leather is bottom of the barrel, and if you are going to ask about a brand, post a link to a picture of the jacket you desire. A budget amount would also be helpful.

4. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Wilson's leather is bottom of the barrel, and if you are going to ask about a brand, post a link to a picture of the jacket you desire. A budget amount would also be helpful.

Too bad I was not asking for advice on the styling of the jacket, nor for other suggestions. It's a simple question: who has experience with this vintage company's old products?

5. sennhi123

sennhi123 New Member

I have a Street Legal By Berman Motorcycle Jacket. It about 20 years old but is in WONDERFUL Cond. Fill Free to email me at rmbrannathrbob@aol.com. Thanks Robert

6. crossbow1

crossbow1 New Member

HI, yes I remember Berman's before Wilsons leather. I have a VTG biker jacket on ebay for sale, it is a thicker leather, since bikers wear leathers more for protection, and yes I have to say fashion now days. My jacket is from the 70's. I'm carol6964 on ebay. to answer your question, a biker jacket should be made of a thicker leather. You could also ask the seller about what kind of leather the jacket is, hope this helped.

7. norma

norma New Member

I have a western style mid length jacket that is 22 years old and is still in great shape i also have an indiana jones style hat from them that a jealous boyfriend threw hat and coat both out in the rain trying to ruin but both weathered the incident well. wanted to get a new coat this year but sounds like the company is gone. that is a shame. it really was good quality leather. and i was in a car wreck years ago and that coat saved my life.