• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Berluti -which pair would you buy ?

grendel72

Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
if you had to choose one that is. I know that its blake construction is not popular with many SFers.

I am kenn on the Andy lace ups but the Alessandro looks gorgeous as well.

Anyone know what's the difference between the Alessandro and the Demesures ? Even their website shows the same picture for both models.
 

moseytan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Alessandro is the name of the model, wholecuts with 3 eyelets. Demesure is the name of the collection.

Berluti has the Alessandro shoe in different lasts; Club, Demesure and a few others.
 

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
26,133
Reaction score
1,644
Originally Posted by grendel72
if you had to choose one that is. I know that its blake construction is not popular with many SFers.

I am kenn on the Andy lace ups but the Alessandro looks gorgeous as well.

Anyone know what's the difference between the Alessandro and the Demesures ? Even their website shows the same picture for both models.


I think the Demesure was a newer limited version of the Alessandro...
 

George

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
2,832
Reaction score
12
Just buy the ones you like, you're the one who's wearing them.

It isn't fucking hard!
 

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
26,133
Reaction score
1,644
Originally Posted by George
Just buy the ones you like, you're the one who's wearing them.

It isn't fucking hard!


Come on George...The first wholecut is the deepest.
 

hst

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
517
Reaction score
26
Originally Posted by moseytan
Alessandro is the name of the model, wholecuts with 3 eyelets. Demesure is the name of the collection.

Berluti has the Alessandro shoe in different lasts; Club, Demesure and a few others.


I believe this is the case. Cheers
 

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2010
Messages
2,215
Reaction score
53
their 3 eyelet wholecut belongs in a museum.

their other shoes, not so much
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 15 3.0%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 88 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 161 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 81 16.0%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 48 9.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 31 6.1%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 18 3.6%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 11 2.2%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.6%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 31 6.1%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,619
Messages
9,202,073
Members
193,220
Latest member
Eroyer7

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top