• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

berluti v. lattanzi

shoes22

Reaction score
i have been in both stores on madison in nyc. i love berluti for look onlu, but their prices are skyrocketing. i also realize they are not the best quality shoes out there. i bought two pairs a little over a year ago for about $900 and now they are $1400 and up. can you get lattanzis in this range? they seem like much better quality and i would almost rather spend a bit more money and get a pair of those. can anyone comment who owns one or both? there must be a HUGE demand for berlutis because their prices are skyrocketing.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I love my Berlutis but at $1,400 I would look elsewhere like Lobb and Edward Green or G&G.

The prices are probably skyrocketing for two reasons...luxury pricing by LVMH and the weak dollar.

Lattanzi is a better made shoe but Berlutis are a great style shoe for going out at night.

For build quality I have all three and would rank them as follows: Lattanzi>>Edward Green>>Berluti.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And no, you can't get Lattanzi shoes at anywhere near that price.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I
inlove.gif
Berlutis. The "Club" and the " Tatoues" are my favorite. I didn't realize the prices went that high.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wholecut Berluti is a pretty cool shoe for casual events. It's overpriced, decently made but I think it can have a place. Some of their loafers are pretty snazzy too.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't speak about Lattanzi because I don't own any, but I do have Berluti. They have fun designs and they have a real "look" to them. But, at $1,200+ I would probably suugest you try something else. Have you looked into Bontoni? They have a distinctive style to them and a wide variety of finishes.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At these prices I think that Scafora can be an option

shoes22

Reaction score
bontoni looks great and i am going to look at scafora. thanks! can you get them in the united states? also what does a pair of lattanzis start at?

shoes22

Reaction score
does anyone know of any other great shoe stores (like berluti) i am not a big fan of lobb and eg for some reason and i own both. i like the berluti styling. thanks so much.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ Have you checked Santoni?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads