• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berluti....coming soon to Hong Kong!!!

chocoball

Reaction score
First we get a JM Weston, now Berluti....if Kiton opens up shop here too, my bonus check really won't last long.
tounge.gif

chocoball

Reaction score
Prince's Bldg, Central.....groundfloor across the street from Zegna.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of strange considering NYC still dosen't have one; not that I care at all, cause I can't afford Berluti yet. Regardless, Barney's now has a nice Berluti shop that carries all the models.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mph. With Barneys' lackadaisical service too. It appears that the Berlutis on offer at Barneys don't have the same options for ordering any patina or color one wants as at the Paris boutiques. That's the most individual and to me the best thing about Berluti. No fear, though, they will be opening a store in Manhattan this spring, as their letter told me. However, I can no longer afford their products. My income hasn't dropped, but the euro and the justified hypothesis that higher price = higher status means that Berluti is now pricing itself out of my league. I'm not paying $1500 for any RTW shoe.

marc37

Reaction score
I'm not paying $1500 for any RTW shoe.
Berluti RTW is a waste of money. Spalla (micheal alden) told me recently that Berluti RTW is entirely factory made (no handwork at all). He said you would be much better buying Edward Green for much less.

Anyone who buys Berluti RTW is either rich, niave, or stupid.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sooo.... as you've been saying for the last year you've wanted a pair, which are you?

marc37

Reaction score
l only want Berluti bespoke. But [because of the plane ticket and travelling involved (20 hours by plane)] l accept the fact that l will probably never own Berluti bespoke. Such a pity. Even still; to compensate, l can still make up for this by buying Edward Green at Sydney AUSTRALIA. P.S: l am a really bad traveller. Plane travel causes massive head aches. l can't travel. The picture below is Berluti bespoke:
berlutipurple9kp.jpg
Brilliant. Forget about Berluti RTW.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Berluti RTW is a waste of money. Spalla (micheal alden) told me recently that Berluti RTW is entirely factory made (no handwork at all). He said you would be much better buying Edward Green for much less.

Anyone who buys Berluti RTW is either rich, niave, or stupid.
Huh?? This makes no sense. Who cares if Edward Green is cheaper? So is Bostonian... does that mean I should buy those instead.

Who cares if the shoes are entirely factory made either. Berluti falls into the same category of Dior Homme, and pretty much all Women's wear. Construction is meaningless (though, I'm sure on Berluti it is top notch)... it's all about looks and style. A category in which EG doesn't compare.

No one is going to look at an EG shoe and be like, "wow, those are hot shoes." With Berluti, it's a bit different.

You guys miss the point about product alot.

marc37

Reaction score
  Who cares if the shoes are entirely factory made either.
l care. So do many shoe buffs. Factory made = less shoe life. Handmade shoes last longer. Factory made Berluti RTW will not last the distance.

l also find Handmade shoes to be much more comfortable than factory made shoes.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Would go pretty well with Kermit's suit, actually.

Marc, for the sake of the bespoke craft you can't get on a plane and brave the headaches? Can't someone knock you out like they did with Mr T on the A-Team or someone's cat in the cargo hold? I imagine T4phage would volunteer. Given the abominable shite you often display as shoes I'm a bit surprised at this sudden shoe snobbery. Aren't those Artiolis you show so often also Blake stitched? Have you ever seen a Berluti in person?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would go pretty well with Kermit's suit, actually. Marc, for the sake of the bespoke craft you can't get on a plane and brave the headaches? Â Can't someone knock you out like they did with Mr T on the A-Team or someone's cat in the cargo hold? Â I imagine T4phage would volunteer. Â Given the abominable shite you often display as shoes I'm a bit surprised at this sudden shoe snobbery. Â Aren't those Artiolis you show so often also Blake stitched? Â Have you ever seen a Berluti in person?
I don't think he would know bespoke from an apple.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads