• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berluti bargain

Royal Berk

Reaction score
Bought these shoes recently at home here in the UK from a Oxfam charity (thrift) store.

Saw them in the shop window by accident, had to rush in and buy them.

Were in pretty bad condition to be honest, but after a bit of work are starting to show their former glory, just need to get them resoled now.

Here comes the best bit cost just £15 (about $22).

smile.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quite a deal - well done

Royal Berk

Reaction score
Thanks guys, as I say really pleased with them, if they didnt fit they would have been put straight on ebay anyways so guess I was in a win win situation.

Holdfast, they came from Oxfam in Weybridge, Surrey, not one of the usual Chelsea Kensington Chiswick suspects.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Royal Berk
Bought these shoes recently at home here in the UK from a Oxfam charity (thrift) store.

Saw them in the shop window by accident, had to rush in and buy them.

Were in pretty bad condition to be honest, but after a bit of work are starting to show their former glory, just need to get them resoled now.

Here comes the best bit cost just £15 (about $22).

smile.gif

Damn Damn Damn!
For 15 quid, well worth it even with the creases.
What is the size pray tell?

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FreedBird
They may be berluti, but the creasing looks terrible and I don't like the design.

NAh! I have seen shoes like Lattanzi and Berluti with much worse creases going for a few hundred bucks on the net before.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, great find!

Royal Berk

Reaction score
UK size 10. To be honest I quite like the creasing, I think shoes like this improve with age. Have got plenty of Santoni FAMS in mint condition, its nice to wear a pair of distinctive shoes that are aging - have never been the type to buy nice shoes, keep them in a box, get them out of the wardrobe, polish them, photograph them, put back in wardrobe, post on forum, repeat 3 months later. Have to say though, the design isn't one of the best Berluti have produced... glad I didn't pay full retail for them
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads