1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Bergdorf Goodwill's status

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by fatherseanfan, Oct 26, 2007.

1. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Senior member

Why have you waited so long to file a complaint? I wish him well, and Chuck F. too. But business is business, and there is no excuse.
    I waited so long out of empathy for his situation and simple decency. I thought messages on SF and PMs to him would be enough. One doesn't expect a fellow SF member to act in this way. Also, some people had posted that they received their items in the last few weeks. Alas, I tried filing a Paypal dispute. It says "deferred". I fear it is too late.

2. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

Unfortunately the refund button only works when there are funds to back it up. Also, the post office wants their money up front. So, if you no longer have the cash...you make people wait and/or hope they never find you.

3. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

He's now living out of his car? Wow. I saw him on AIM about a week ago; I'll stay on the lookout.

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

He's now living out of his car? Wow. I saw him on AIM about a week ago; I'll stay on the lookout.

He posted on Oct 8 in a thread...

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=45590

...saying that he now has a place to live and that he thought he'd shipped everything. So, those who've never received their goods may want simply to keep trying to contact him, even after filing the paypal dispute.

5. jabney

jabney Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of cotton chinos from him almost 4 months ago. I have been patient, and understand we all fall upon hard times. However, when he came back a couple weeks ago, he even made mention of my pants, and yet they still have not been received.

I'm not sure what action to take next. The pants weren't ridiculously expensive, but I'm a recent University grad with big student loans, and every little bit helps. As many have said the refund button is easy to press, however I fear there may be no funds on his end to do the refund.

I guess I'll just wait and continue to pester him, however it's quite easy to ignore PM's. At this point I'd rather get a refund anyways.

6. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

He's starting up a new eBay business, last I heard. Hopefully this means the July items ship soon.

7. rach2jlc

His userpage says that his last activity here was on October 25. So, I hope that those who have been sending him PMs with no response have since been contacted. If not, well... perhaps he needs to resolve that before moving on ahead to start a "new" ebay business...

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I should also note that he sounds really unstable right now. I spoke to him recently and he just doesn't seem right in the head. Something's up, IMO.

9. rach2jlc

I should also note that he sounds really unstable right now. I spoke to him recently and he just doesn't seem right in the head. Something's up, IMO.
    That's too bad and in that situation there's really no "right" answer. His customers shouldn't be expected to write off their losses, nor should it be okay for him to shirk off responsibilities. But, at the same time, nobody wants to make a bad situation worse and certainly we all feel for a young guy going through a tough time. I wish him the best and hope that things work out for all parties involved. If he's checking in/reading the site, though, it might be good for him to post on this thread or let everybody know what's up. Certainly, if he's going to start another business, it won't help his sales here to have at least FOUR incomplete transactions, already paid for, and not shipped for months.

10. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

11. nate10184

nate10184 Senior member

I bought a tie from him probably a month and a half ago. Didn't come for a long time but when I pmed him he responded and it showed up soon after. I guess I got luckier than most I wasn't aware that others were having problems too.

12. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

Unfortunately the refund button only works when there are funds to back it up. Also, the post office wants their money up front. So, if you no longer have the cash...you make people wait and/or hope they never find you.

YOU CAN DO IT - CUT HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. rach2jlc

Anybody ever get any resolution to their outstanding orders? BG is definitely reading the site (last check-in just the other day).

14. jabney

jabney Well-Known Member

Have not heard from him, or received a refund or my pants! It's almost more maddening to know that he's here reading the site and not saying something.

15. contactme_11

contactme_11 Senior member

according to his profile his last activity on the site was nov. 7