• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bergdorf Goodwill Megasale 1/3: Ties, belts, braces, miscellany.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!: Okay, here's the deal -- the ridiculous monolith that was the Bergdorf Goodwill Megasale was getting a bit too ridiculous and monolithic, so with j's permission (encouragement, even!), I have divided the sale up into three components. I will bump the threads when new items are added. This should significantly ease your browsing (and mine -- it was taking me forever to even get the thing to load so that I could edit the post to indicate sales, add items, so on). Many thanks to j and to StyleForum in general for allowing this. Please note that I have set up a GrandCentral number that will ring my cell phone -- please call this if you have any questions that you would like answered quickly or you feel like berating me for any reason. I live in the Eastern time zone of the US and I barely sleep, so feel free to call me at 3 in the morning if you really need to know the width of a shoe or something, I totally don't care. For those who aren't familiar, GrandCentral provides alternate phone #s so you can publicly provide a number without giving out your permanent phone number. Make sense? Anyway, for reference, three ways to get in touch and ask me to measure something, describe something, photograph something, whatever: Call Bergdorf Goodwill (I answer to Jake): 740.661.4262 AIM: gilscottheroin PM: You already know how to do this. Paypal: [email protected] (feel free to donate tens of thousands of dollars so I can go to college and stop being useless) TIES I have loosely organized the ties for sale, shot them in groups, and attempted detail shots. My hands are not the steadiest things in the world (lol stress alleviate it with your dollars), so please forgive the flash giving some of these lovely cravates a Jones New Yorkian sheen -- I assure you it is illusory. All prices include shipping within the US (and likely overseas, unless you're trying to get me to ship these things to Lagos or something). Group A:
CIMG1671.jpg
L-R: Red/green Ben Silver $25, Blue/red/yellow/white no name $10, Lt. blue/orange/yellow/navy Tino Cosma $20, Navy/red/white Brooks Brothers $12 SOLD, Tan/red/navy Aquascutum $15, Gold/red/navy Woodhouse Lynch (I think this is Columbus-local -- it's a nice tie, nice heft, but essentially no-name to most of you) $8, Classic Red/Navy Lands End $10 SOLD (Connemara has requested that I note that he made the first purchase, despite his absence. He offered no further comment.) Brown/yellow/white Church's $20 SOLD.
CIMG1672.jpg
CIMG1673.jpg
Group B:
CIMG1675.jpg
L-R: BCBG (heeey...) $5, Heavy navy Joseph Abboud $12 SOLD, White/blue/yellow Tino Cosma $40 (this is from my own closet, and it's one of my favorite ties, and the fact that I need to sell it is a testament to my own failure as a man) SOLD, Pink/blue/yellow Luigi Borrelli (very small spot, indicated in heavily-zoomed detail photo below) $35, Blue/orange/black no-name $8, Green/purple Hugo Boss (it's actually really nice) $20, Navy/yellow MERONA, KING OF ALL NECKTIES. I have four of these, actually. $5 apiece. Surprisingly very nice. Red/black/white Brooks Bros. tie $15 SOLD. Oh, and that golden tiny tie is a Brooks Brothers children's tie. The first person to cop some merch from me who mentions having a male son in need of baller attire gets it. Or you can just give me $5 for it, if you don't have any use for ties of your own and simply need to clothe your small person.
CIMG1676.jpg
CIMG1677.jpg
CIMG1678.jpg
Group C:
CIMG1682.jpg
L-R: Skinny vintage Balenciaga paisley, $15, Red Charvet paisley, $30, Luciano Barbera paisley $25 SOLD, Completely balls-out Pal Zileri paisley $20 SOLD, ultra-nice Aquascutum houndstooth/paisley combo (this one is really hard to let go -- note detail shot below) $25 SOLD, Blue Aquascutum paisley $20 SOLD, Tan Aquascutum paisley $15, red Aquascutum paisley $15.
CIMG1683.jpg
CIMG1684.jpg
CIMG1685.jpg
Group D: The first person to cop something from Group D gets this random silk pocket square.
CIMG1686.jpg
L-R: Small paisleys Talbott $10, Red Brooks Brothers paisley $12, Ornate RL Polo paisley $12, Talbott large paisley $10, Paul Stuart Made in Italy paisley $20, Andover Shop paisley $18 SOLD.
CIMG1687.jpg
CIMG1688.jpg
Group E:
CIMG1689.jpg
L-R: Blue Lands End $8, Joseph Abboud $12, Purple Jos. A Bank $8, Blue textural Jos. A Bank $8 SOLD, Yellow Jos. A Bank $8, Silver Banana Republic $12, Silver Calvin Klein $5, Navy textured Banana Republic $12, silver Hugo Boss $12 SOLD, gold Bugatchi $8.
CIMG1690.jpg
CIMG1692.jpg
Group F: Every single one of these is Etro.
CIMG1693.jpg
L-R: Completely ridiculous baby items tie $25, red dot $25, yellow dot $25 SOLD, skinny geometric $20, green silk $30 SOLD, green 70/30 wool/silk $30.
CIMG1694.jpg
CIMG1695.jpg
CIMG1696.jpg
Group G: All of these are Polo.
CIMG1697.jpg
L-R: Classic red/navy $20 SOLD, blue $15 SOLD, all patch ties $18 or $50 for all three (please someone buy all three -- I want to believe in a world where the same guy wears all of these), geometric $12 SOLD, completely ridiculous "shirt" tie $20, red tie $6 (HAHAHA ITS RALPH LAUREN GREEN LABEL YOU'VE BEEN FOOLED SERIOUSLY IT'S NICE THOUGH).
CIMG1698.jpg
CIMG1699.jpg
CIMG1700.jpg
CIMG1701.jpg
Group H:
CIMG1702.jpg
L-R: Bergdorf Goodwill x Forbes 'Capitalist Tool' $10, Navy Thai silk w/ elephants $10, Red Thai silk $10, Woolen Gianni Versace $15 SOLD, Pringle Murray of Athol tartan $10, Pringle Farquharson tartan $10, Grey wool tie (pull off the Thom Browne/SoCal2NYC on the cheap look omgomgomg) $10, Completely ridiculous suede (yes, suede) tie with pharaohs and battleships and stuff (!) $8.
CIMG1703.jpg
CIMG1704.jpg
CIMG1707.jpg
Group I:
CIMG1708.jpg
L-R: Striped Irish woolen $8, Neiman Marcus $8, Carrot & Gibbs orange with black dots (this one is really cool) $20, no-name orange/blue $8 SOLD. Group J:
CIMG1709.jpg
L-R: Talbott BoC for Nordstrom (amazing heft) $20, Blue Brooks Bros. $15, Daniel Milano $15, Navy Brioni $35 SOLD, Lands End $8 SOLD, Tino Cosma $20, Henry Jacobson $10.
CIMG1710.jpg
CIMG1711.jpg
Group K:
CIMG1712.jpg
L-R: Brown Zegna $15 SOLD, golden Tino Cosma $15, Navy/red/tan Zegna $18, Navy/red Brooks Bros. $12, Navy Burberry $20, Crimson Scabal $25, Red Brooks Bros. $12, Red Talbott BoC $18.
CIMG1713.jpg
CIMG1714.jpg
Group L:
CIMG1715.jpg
L-R: Lt. Blue Lavorazione Sartoriale (amazing heft + this is one of those ties women freak out over) $25 SOLD, Purple Charvet $40 SOLD, Pink/orange Versace tie w/ Medusa $30 SOLD, silver Giorgio Armani $20 SOLD, yellow Brooks Bros. floral $10.
CIMG1716.jpg
CIMG1717.jpg
Group M:
CIMG1719.jpg
L-R: Crimson Banana Republic $12, Brown/blue Arnold Brandt (this tie is awesome) $25 SOLD, Navy/red Turnbull & Asser $30, Navy/pink Brooks Bros. $15 SOLD, Pink Charvet $40.
CIMG1720.jpg
CIMG1721.jpg
Group N:
CIMG1845.jpg
L-R: Zegna floral $15, Crimson/white Thos. L. Carey $8, Multi-stripe Kiton $80 SOLD, horizontal stripe Brooks Bros. $15, Pink Baldessarini $40.
CIMG1846.jpg
CIMG1848.jpg
Group O:
CIMG1867.jpg
Here we have an array of 24 knit ties. $100 for all of them or $6 apiece. If they go out in pieces, first person to order more than three at a time gets this sweet orange/green striped woolen (or if you are looking at this and just really like that tie, I'll take $10 for it). If they go out as a lot, I'll toss that tie in with it.
CIMG1868.jpg
CIMG1869.jpg
CIMG1870.jpg
And heeeey I am selling the ottoman they're sitting on for $100 if you live in Ohio and want it (who knows):
CIMG1863.jpg
Group P
CIMG2000.jpg
L-R: Red Alexander Julian Colours $6, Navy Christie's Savile Row $12, Red Brooks Brothers $12, Burgundy Joseph Abboud $14, Red Robert Talbott $8, Red Aquascutum $15.
CIMG2001.jpg
CIMG2002.jpg
Group Q:
CIMG2025.jpg
Ties, photographed atop an Ajax jersey. L-R: Etro $25, classic red/navy narrow tie $8, awesome green/blue linen Lands End $15.
CIMG2026.jpg
CIMG2027.jpg
Group R:
CIMG2017.jpg
L-R: No-name narrow navy stripe $10 SOLD, no-name narrow navy pindot $10 SOLD (buy both for $18), Blue Holliday & Brown $40, Red Brooks with tremendous heft $15, Blue J. Crew stripe over dot $20, Red/navy Brooks stripe $15 SOLD, Navy/aqua Brooks stripe $15, Black/purple Polo paisley $18, Venanzi yellow houndstooth $8, Navy Barney's NY $10. All ties 100% silk.
CIMG2018.jpg
CIMG2019.jpg
Group S
CIMG2122.jpg
L-R: Brooks Bros. navy/white/gold horizontal stripe $14, unknown maker navy/white horizontal stripe $8, silver textured Turnbull & Asser $30, completely insane Polo woolen equestrian tie with stripe $25, slightly less insane Polo woolen equestrian tie $25, blue/yellow Polo $15, vintage tie with great color/heft/no unusual width issues (reminds me of some nicer Zegnas I own) $10, burgundy Brooks Bros. medallion $10.
CIMG2123.jpg
CIMG2124.jpg
Group T:
CIMG2204.jpg
These ties are all from my own closet. L-R: Express $9, Zegna (this is the thickest tie I own, and I like thick ties -- this thing's insane) $50, NWT pink Brooks Bros. skinny silk knit $22, white/blue Abercrombie & Fitch (this is from the "Gentleman's Clothiers" era) $15, white Richard James Savile Row $45.
CIMG2205.jpg
CIMG2206.jpg
BELTS, BRACES, OTHER ACCESSORIES
CIMG1754.jpg
L-R: Navy Trafalgar braces $20, absolutely amazing Trafalgar belt sz 34 $30, Coach belt (small spot, see photo) 40" $8.
CIMG1943.jpg
Trafalgar belt sz 30 $30. MISCELLANY
CIMG1771-1.jpg
Totally sweet seasonally inappropriate brown down-filled vest with corduroy detail. $20. Eternal winter awaits you.
CIMG2012.jpg
Victorinox bag, ultra-useful. $40.
CIMG2014.jpg
CIMG2015.jpg
CIMG2016.jpg

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOLY ****! Really nice stuff if you have some more in like two.5 weeks, when I come back from vacation I'll buy some (If I have any money).

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
HOLY ****! Really nice stuff if you have some more in like two.5 weeks, when I come back from vacation I'll buy some (If I have any money).

I'm quite sure that I will -- the volume of stuff that I have is daunting.

migo

Reaction score
the pictures are failing to load...ur host is reaching it's bandwith limit

jabney

Reaction score
Bergdorf,

I bought a pair of pants off you on July 2nd, they were paid for that day on Paypal. You said you made an error in shipping when I asked a couple weeks later where they were. You said you would be shipping the next day. No sign of anything. I have sent you many messages with no reply. I want to know what is going on. I see there is another member here who still has not received his purchases. This is over 2 months now, and I am a patient guy, but this is too much. Please send me a PM so we can resolve this situation.

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Paid for some ties in July and still no sign of them. Bergdorf finally responded to a PM two weeks ago and said he mailed them, but still nothing.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, too, as it's been about ten weeks now and I haven't received anything. I sent a PM a little while ago but haven't yet received a response.

However, I do know that BG has been busy with moving apartments and other things, so hopefully all will be sorted and we'll get our stuff in a little while.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not in this boat, but I'll join in on this class-action unsatisfied customer thread in hopes of getting BG to send me some stuff out of panicked confusion.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
That baby tie is so creepy and inappropriate that I want it just to make other people uncomfortable. That tie is totally Amber Alert.

jabney

Reaction score
Clearly there is an issue here. Is there a way we can get him to respond to us? My last PM was on the 28th of August, I see that he logged in on the 29th, so he must have got it. Has not been online since. I'm wondering how many other people from his mega-sale have been duped.

G79

Reaction score
I ordered two ties and I got them wonderfully packed! Love the ties!

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jabney
Clearly there is an issue here. Is there a way we can get him to respond to us? My last PM was on the 28th of August, I see that he logged in on the 29th, so he must have got it. Has not been online since. I'm wondering how many other people from his mega-sale have been duped.

Where it tells you to phone him at the top of this thread -- have you tried?

(Not taking any sides, just pointing out that the number's there.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads