• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
Really now? I don't own any of their trousers but the weight listed is pretty standard for flannel trousers, and its VBC, which is generally a respected cloth provider across a lot of other brands. I do own plenty VBC trousers and they hold up pretty well, taken care of properly. I also cuff them, although I dont know if that affects shape maintenance all that much.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not doubting anyone's experiences, but I'd love to see pics of what constitutes shape being lost. Though not ideal for flannels, I have lighter weight flannels (worsted and woolen) that do a fairly good job of holding their creases.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
I picked up my trousers from being altered yesterday and wore them for the remainder of the day which consisted of an hour or two in the car.
They seemed to hold up pretty well, but I’ll be honest I didn’t actively inspect them when I hung them up.
They do feel a lot lighter than some I have from Drake’s though which is my only comment really; I still like them a lot thought.

Also in contrast to my previous comments I wore the Nisse today and actually received several compliments on it, and who doesn’t like kind words and flattery? The only thing is that the sleeves are too long for me

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
I'll take pics the next time I wear them. I have trousers made from same cloth(VBC 13oz flannel) from Susu and luxire have the same problem. Worsted flannel seem to hold up much better for me.

yunBW

Reaction score
Today, I tried drakes suit and ring suit and I had to fit in a 46 rather than 48. I wonder if anyone own or tried drake or ring tailoring and what size they get in berg berg tailoring? Thanks

Sammm

Reaction score
Berg and Berg’s zigzag knit ties are listed as 8cm wide; Shibumi’s as 7.5cm wide; Sozzi’s as 7cm wide. Since these measurements can be approximate: does anyone know first-hand if B&B’s are indeed wider than Shibumi’s?

Psyko

Reaction score
I really want to buy a pair of the high waisted Arnold trouser, but as I've never owned a proper high waisted trouser before, how high will it sit on the waist? Just under the belly button? I guess my question is: how high is 'high waisted' in regards to this specific model? I appreciate if any owners of the pants could chime in.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really hope those polo coats get restocked.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
I really want to buy a pair of the high waisted Arnold trouser, but as I've never owned a proper high waisted trouser before, how high will it sit on the waist? Just under the belly button? I guess my question is: how high is 'high waisted' in regards to this specific model? I appreciate if any owners of the pants could chime in.
I guess it depends on your actual body but I’m sure mine sit on the belly button or just below

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Really hope those polo coats get restocked.
Have you asked them? That’s probably the best way to find out.
I’d just send them a messages over Instagram if you have it, they are really quick at responding via that.
I remember asking them about the flannel suits but they said they’d used all the material so what they had was it, which tipped me over the edge to buying one..

jtj48

Reaction score
The sizing I think. The sleeve is a bit long, it goes to my knuckle on my thumb if that makes sense.
It’s slightly less noticeable on the “Nicolas” coat.
I could get it altered though.

I’m a size 48 in their tailoring and they suggested taking the same size, but now I’m wondering if I could have sized down due to the generous fit.

I got a Nisse in recently, and I suppose this is all true, although I'd say it's only a tiny bit oversized on me at tts (and not really at all over a suit), and I definitely wouldn't size down. I tend to like my longer outerwear oversized though, so maybe I'm not the best gauge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads