• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Anyone else had any items from this site? http://www.bergbergstore.com
I have had some lovely summer pocket squares and ties, all reasonably priced for the quality -handmade in Italy, a certain amount in Naples.
Just looking at their new fall/winter collection and some very nice silk knit and wool ties.

Check them out.

Last edited:

steffenbp11

Reaction score
yep. I bought three ties during the last winter's sale. Very pleased with them. A bit on the skinny side, but not outrageously so. A big plus is the fact that they now ship from Sweden and not Norway so EU-customers avoid paying import duties.

Their leather goods look very nice too.

Ergudmun

Reaction score
I agree. I love their ties and pocket squares. Their leather products are also really good, all handmade outside Milan. I have a suede card holder and two suede belts. Really nice, and they develop a nice color after some use. Recommendable. :)

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old thread, but does anyone have any sizing thoughts on this season's turtlenecks?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea why this thread isn't bigger. Anyway, have anyone here tried their newest trouser model Alfred? Have been eyeing them for a while but not sure whether or not it is worth the price.

tnjed

Reaction score
Their ties are an excellent value in my opinion. Their sweaters look excellent. I have been tempted by their trousers, though they are cut too slim for my liking and I imagine returning something to Sweden will cost some coin.

Surprised there isn't a dedicated thread to them as well.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a new cut trouser, Alfred that is pleated with quite a high rise that isn't as slim as the older Arthur model. If I get one a can post a picture and a comment here.

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Also been tempted by the trousers but all seem too tapered at the calf and hem for me (even the new fuller cuts are very tapered still).

nnnnick

Reaction score
Confirm this. Still too tapered and rise is not that high too. I'd say medium rise at best

tnjed

Reaction score
Yeah when I converted from metric I'm pretty sure the hem opening was like less than 7.5 inches or right at that.

Anyone have any experience with their shirts? Specifically, what size would best mirror a 15/15.5?

The J

Reaction score
Yeah when I converted from metric I'm pretty sure the hem opening was like less than 7.5 inches or right at that.

Anyone have any experience with their shirts? Specifically, what size would best mirror a 15/15.5?

I sent them an email in regards to the sizing of their shirts and polos two days ago and am still waiting to hear back. I'm similar in sizing to you, 15/15.5 and 35-82 in kamakura, will update when I hear back.

In regards to their trousers, they look good but their opening is a bit worrying.. for me, people with slightly bigger calves.

tnjed

Reaction score
I asked this once and they basically told me to convert to metric and take a guess. Can't seem to find the email correspondence.

If I were ordering a polo, or shirt for that matter, I would feel inclined to order a size up. For some reason I feel like they run a bit small for my tastes just based on the trousers alone. Perhaps closer to Kent Wang's size / fit. That's pure conjecture, though.

The J

Reaction score
Fair enough. They look like they're for taller and skinnier guys. I have a wider shoulder at 46cm yoke measurement, but short arms at only 59cm. Not sure if I should risk it by ordering a polo and a pair of trousers to try, because the shipping back to Sweden would cost a bomb..

tnjed

Reaction score
IMG_0580.JPG Precisely. I bought a tie on sale that had a thread showing, and I contacted them about initiating an exchange. They were helpful, but at the end of the day it wasn't worth the hassle.

Yaumegui

Reaction score
Was quite unhappy with their ties. The fabric looks good but the quality is actually average and other brands at similar price offers a better deal-value in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads