• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

Shetterd

Reaction score
Some fun offerings in the Archive sale. Even though the B&B silhouette is suboptimal for my frame, I 100% would have snagged the navy linen suit if they had pants to go along with the jacket. Grabbed the flyfront linen shirt with double cuffs. Have been dithering over incorporating a few formal design shirts in linen into my closet...and they forced my hand.

Really surprised that beyond the Archive sale there is the regular sale on still, and there are some nearly full runs left for the duffel coats and shooting jackets.

Reaction score
Really surprised that beyond the Archive sale there is the regular sale on still, and there are some nearly full runs left for the duffel coats and shooting jackets.
finaly got their Arnold cords in camel from the archive sale. These trousers really are worth it on sale, fabric is quite thick and soft and they are nicely lined around the waistband, there is also some extra fabric in the crotch area for alterations.

Unfortunately since I have a bit larger thighs and a smaller waist size 48 seems quite snug, IMO it works as a slimmer cut but I'd prefer my cords to be looser fitting in general. Maybe if I sized up to 50 I could have a bit more room in the crotch and thighs but it is what it is.
20220328_142252.jpg

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the new tshirts? Who makes them? I think they look great.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is B&B "proprietary" high twist fabric basically Fresco? I've finally come to grips that their jackets don't fit me well at all, but their trousers are damn good on their own...and have some nice shades for odd trews.

And, not that they were ever bad before, but it seems as though the buttonholes on the new tailoring are a bit more refined than past seasons. They look great.

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of B&B trousers (Arnold) vs. Spier & MacKay high rise contemporary fit trousers? Based on the size chart B&B has a higher rise and a bit narrower thigh. Spier & MacKay high rise contemporary fit trousers fit me very well in 32 when taking the waist in by a few cm, but I'd be interested in giving B&B a try as well.

adschus

Reaction score
Is B&B "proprietary" high twist fabric basically Fresco? I've finally come to grips that their jackets don't fit me well at all, but their trousers are damn good on their own...and have some nice shades for odd trews.

And, not that they were ever bad before, but it seems as though the buttonholes on the new tailoring are a bit more refined than past seasons. They look great.

yeah their shirts, jackets, sweaters are all too short on me. Their trousers are basically perfect though. I’ve been slowly collecting their denim too. Really awesome quality and even better when 50% off.

Rolland

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the new tshirts? Who makes them? I think they look great.

I recently got two (Off-white and green) and can honestly say I am happy with the fabric. They have a higher neck than what I am used to, and the fabric is a bit thicker than I expected. I usually wear a size 46-48 and size S fit me perfect, whilst not being too slim.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Arthur jeans in Ecru (Size 36) didn't end up working out for me. Figure I'd share here first before looking at a return in case anyone is interested.

Berg_Berg_SS21_Product_Arthur_2_1440x1999_crop_center.jpg

They're a size 36. I'm asking for what I paid which is $236 plus $8 shipping to anywhere in the US.
I'm looking at picking these up on the sale this summer.
What didn't work about them for you?
Their size charts list their tailored trouser measurements but I'm wondering if those measurements apply to the jeans…

kalufsen

Reaction score
I'm looking at picking these up on the sale this summer.
What didn't work about them for you?
Their size charts list their tailored trouser measurements but I'm wondering if those measurements apply to the jeans…
Got nervous as I just ordered a pair so had to look - Looking at "Arnold High Twist Wool" and "Arthur Jeans" which I ordered they dont have the same size chart?

1658322236789.png

1658322255568.png

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Ferdinand shirts? How do they look/fit/ etc... thanks in advance.

Rolland

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Ferdinand shirts? How do they look/fit/ etc... thanks in advance.

I purchased one in light blue. At 50% sale price, I think it is well worth it. The fabric is nice, and I like the collar especially. The fit is more on the "roomy" side, but still what you expect (I got a size 38). The only downside for me is the arm length, but they are usually too long for me personally with RTW.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got nervous as I just ordered a pair so had to look - Looking at "Arnold High Twist Wool" and "Arthur Jeans" which I ordered they dont have the same size chart?

View attachment 1814199

View attachment 1814200
I DM'd them on Instagram asking if the size chart measurements for the Arthur trousers match the denim. I'll report back if they reply.

At the bottom of the size chart it shows equivalents for the jeans—they say size 34 in the jeans is equivalent to their size 52 in tailored Arthur trouser.

If I knew whether the thigh and waist measurements on the equivalent tailored trousers matched the jeans, I'd have confidence.

rasmusp

Reaction score
I tried the Arthur jeans when they first came out. They are great jeans! When I tried them they fit large (IMO).

Their tailored trousers don't really work for me, but 52 is probably what I'd use (I'm normally a size 50 or 52). For Arthur jeans, size 32 fit ok but was slightly too tight. Size 34 was way too big overall but the waist was ok-ish, if I remember correctly (slightly large).

Shetterd

Reaction score
I tried the Arthur jeans when they first came out. They are great jeans! When I tried them they fit large (IMO).

Their tailored trousers don't really work for me, but 52 is probably what I'd use (I'm normally a size 50 or 52). For Arthur jeans, size 32 fit ok but was slightly too tight. Size 34 was way too big overall but the waist was ok-ish, if I remember correctly (slightly large).
Interesting, as for me it was quite different. I take a 50 in their tailored trousers (Alfonso and Antonio) and took a 34 in the denim (needed that room in the seat and thigh). The waist I could probably take in half an inch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads