• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

StartingStyle

Reaction score
If there’s someone at the archive sale today and sees the blue summer Dan blazer from this or some of the wide fit trousers in 50 (preferably linen or wool in grey/taupe) could you proxy ? Thx a lot :)

benettonb1

Reaction score
I have a suede card holder and two suede belts. Really nice, and they develop a nice color after some use.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, does anyone know how the B&B shirt sizes compare to Kamakura Tokyo fit? Thanks in advance!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eyeing the brushed cotton trousers. Anyone has any experience of owning them? Also 2 of the models say that they are machine washable but the Antonio isn't. Must be a typo right?

Eset

Reaction score
Any experience how warm the Nisse raglan coat with its 560g wool fabric is? Is it still comfortable at -5/-10 degrees (Celsius)?

Psyko

Reaction score
Any experience how warm the Nisse raglan coat with its 560g wool fabric is? Is it still comfortable at -5/-10 degrees (Celsius)?

Have a previous iteration. If you layer properly underneath, -5 is okay. To me -10 feels significantly colder, and I wouldn't spend prolonged time outside with it. In and out of the car, to and from office is of course okay. But a lot of walking and standing still might be too cold. Depends on what you're wearing underneath, of course.

Last edited:

Eset

Reaction score
Have a previous iteration. If you layer properly underneath, -5 is okay. To me -10 feels significantly colder, and I wouldn't spend prolonged time outside with it. In and out of the car, to and from office is of course okay. But a lot of walking and standing still might be too cold. Depends on what you're wearing underneath, of course.
Thank you for your help. I pulled the trigger and I am very happy with the coat, it's really fun to wear!

I even took it in size 50 although I am usually a 48, but the very friendly customer service recommended to size up as I have a sport coat in 48 which is almost too tight around the shoulders.

Last edited:

MrFingers

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the full cut high rise jeans currently on sale are usually fairly forgiving in the thighs? Tends to be where it’s too tight for me with other jeans

Shetterd

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the full cut high rise jeans currently on sale are usually fairly forgiving in the thighs? Tends to be where it’s too tight for me with other jeans
I wear a size 50 in their Antonio fit and find their size 34 jean pretty comfortable in the thigh, not sure if that helps. (I have last year's jean model which was made in Stockholm.)

vanmosh

Reaction score

Thighs are fine - the seat was tight IMO for a high-rise cut, but stretched out.

Colrais

Reaction score
How much room is there to let out in the trouser seats? I'm one of the bigger guys even before the squats. Trying to get a sense of Alfonso vs Antonio (leery of forward pleats pulling out hip breadth).

Shetterd

Reaction score
How much room is there to let out in the trouser seats? I'm one of the bigger guys even before the squats. Trying to get a sense of Alfonso vs Antonio (leery of forward pleats pulling out hip breadth).
Not a lot. My tailor was able to get 1.5cm or so out of the seat.

Colrais

Reaction score
Damn. Feels like I'm gonna have to roll the dice on whichever model fits. Not the biggest fan of double pleats :/

Mirage-

Reaction score
Did anyone get the shooting jacket and can maybe share some photos?
I might be considering it as a coat specifically to be worn over tailoring during my commute, since it looks to be roomy (and raglan) and also just long enough to cover a jacket, but short enough to not get in the way when driving. Plus I've realized I really don't need a smart overcoat for my commute, since I'll mostly wear it in the car alone. It just needs to protect the jacket well and make sure I don't freeze during the walk to/from the car.
It does look expensive for what it is though, I'd probably never buy it at full price.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some fun offerings in the Archive sale. Even though the B&B silhouette is suboptimal for my frame, I 100% would have snagged the navy linen suit if they had pants to go along with the jacket. Grabbed the flyfront linen shirt with double cuffs. Have been dithering over incorporating a few formal design shirts in linen into my closet...and they forced my hand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads