• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To whomever snagged the 52/54 taupe SCs...
1626108553126.png
1626108553126.png

vanmosh

Reaction score
Alright here we are in a size up @ClinkingThearly ! A bit too much space in the waist but as per B&B I expect shrinkage there. Otherwise, the fit feels much more comfortable than the size down. (I take a 50 in Antonio and don't find it super roomy. Initially took a 32. Here a 34.)

I ended up picking up the ecru version from the sale in a 36 instead of a 34 partially based on this - are you happy with the decision to size up so far?

Shetterd

Reaction score
I ended up picking up the ecru version from the sale in a 36 instead of a 34 partially based on this - are you happy with the decision to size up so far?
Yes, definitely!

As I mentioned the cold soak shrunk them in the waist by about an inch and now the 34 is a really good fit. I think a 32 would now feel a lot tighter than I would like and there I would have been worried about enough space in the thigh too. Do let me know how 36 works out for you!

brianoh

Reaction score
Hey guys, in need of some advice, hope ya'll don't mind me asking on here. I'm looking at the Dan Linen Blazer to wear for my wedding in Hawaii this fall. I'm a 38 in suiting for both Zegna and RLPL -- will the 48 for the B&B Dan fit me just as well? Nervous to purchase since it'll be shipped to the states and shipping it back to return will be a long and expensive process.

Many thanks! Brian

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Hey guys, in need of some advice, hope ya'll don't mind me asking on here. I'm looking at the Dan Linen Blazer to wear for my wedding in Hawaii this fall. I'm a 38 in suiting for both Zegna and RLPL -- will the 48 for the B&B Dan fit me just as well? Nervous to purchase since it'll be shipped to the states and shipping it back to return will be a long and expensive process.

Many thanks! Brian
I’m a 38/48 in brands like Drake’s, Anglo and the Berg 48 fits me well.

although the best bet might be to compare your best fitting jacket to their size chart, they are also very helpful if you email or message them on instagram, I’m sure they’d be able to help

Shetterd

Reaction score

Many thanks! Brian
Given the importance of the event (i.e. your wedding), it may be worth accepting the cost of a return and ordering two sizes if in doubt. After asking for sizing advice, of course, as @ClinkingThearly I think is right to suggest.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
F1E6E302-F875-430F-903C-28BCE49A6CC8.png

can someone compare sizing of these to trousers of natalino ? I’m usually wearing a r32 in natalino.

Shetterd

Reaction score
View attachment 1641644
can someone compare sizing of these to trousers of natalino ? I’m usually wearing a r32 in natalino.
I own both Natalino trousers and B&B in Anton fit. I think if you find 32R roomy, a 48 should be fine. If 32 is not roomy, especially in the seat, I would size up to a 50. (I have done exactly this.)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size up, unless the 48’s in the mentioned brands run on the baggy side for your frame. B&B is SLIM.

Carmex

Reaction score
Quick addendum in case anyone is interested. I did a cold soak of the jeans yesterday just to get some of the indigo and such out and they shrunk by about 6-7cm (ca 2.5-3 inches) in the leg and about 2cm (ca 1 inch) in the waist. Rise seems the same as before, maybe 1cm (half inch) reduction in the thigh, though that will likely stretch out a bit again.
6-7cm in the leg?! :eek: Doesn’t that make them super slim in the legs now? And how much of the indigo went off?

Shetterd

Reaction score
6-7cm in the leg?! :eek: Doesn’t that make them super slim in the legs now? And how much of the indigo went off?
Length I meant! Sorry. They lost some indigo but are still bleeding a little. Hope they will stop after the first proper wash. They lost a LOT of starch/other stuff though. The water was quite yellow post soak.

brianoh

Reaction score
Dang, I ordered the Dan Linen + trousers and 12 hours later the price dropped! Emailed B&B immediately and no response yet-- will they be good about it you think?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads