• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Anyone going to take advantage of the summer sale? Am tempted by the Arthur jeans...
I wanted to try the Ivory t shirt but it was the only clothing item which wasn’t in the sale haha. I’ve since ordered one from Stóffa..

Shetterd

Reaction score
I wanted to try the Ivory t shirt but it was the only clothing item which wasn’t in the sale haha. I’ve since ordered one from Stóffa..
That's a good one! I have ordered the indigo denim. Was hoping to grab a suede belt but those aren't in the sale either. But maybe that will change eventually.

Last edited:

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
That's a good one! I have ordered the indigo denim. Was hoping to grb a suede belt but those aren't in the sale either. But maybe that will change eventually.
Sounds good! Be good to get feedback on the denim if you get chance.

I managed to get a black suede belt in their last sale, and I really recommend it, so hopefully they add more items.
From memory they tend to add more/increase discounts as the sale goes on so hopefully they get added.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always curious to me to see what pieces seem to have trouble moving. For whatever gripes I might (well, do lol) have about B&B, their stuff is pretty damn nice, particularly the trousers...which don't seem to be getting snapped up. They really are quite well made, and a number would look great as just separates

Shetterd

Reaction score
Always curious to me to see what pieces seem to have trouble moving. For whatever gripes I might (well, do lol) have about B&B, their stuff is pretty damn nice, particularly the trousers...which don't seem to be getting snapped up. They really are quite well made, and a number would look great as just separates
That's true! Although they probably have a fair bit of stock across so many models and fabrics? Plus people know more discounts are coming as @ClinkingThearly mentioned, so they may be holding off.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
That's true! Although they probably have a fair bit of stock across so many models and fabrics? Plus people know more discounts are coming as @ClinkingThearly mentioned, so they may be holding off.
Yes.. I am quite guilty of holding out.
With Berg&berg their sales are pretty much as consistent as a new seasonal offering from them, so sometimes I’ll buy something full price because I really like it (back when they launched the Nicolas and Nisse coats I bought one of each at launch) but often if it’s something I’m not 100% sure on I’ll just wait and see what the sale brings.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, really want to sell this NWT seersucker in Dan II. Putting it here before posting it on B&S. Asking for $199 shipped.

Please take it off my hands!
thumbnail_IMG_3396.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3397.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3398.jpg

Shetterd

Reaction score
Here we are @ClinkingThearly! (Apologies for the photo quality.) Honestly a bit torn as to whether to keep, as they feel a little tight in the seat and am worried they will shrink, as B&B CS seems to think is likely, even though they are sanforized. Am considering exchanging for a larger size. I went off their size chart and took a 32 as I take a 50 in in their trousers, but maybe a 34 would be better?

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 171
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 201
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 222

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Here we are @ClinkingThearly! (Apologies for the photo quality.) Honestly a bit torn as to whether to keep, as they feel a little tight in the seat and am worried they will shrink, as B&B CS seems to think is likely, even though they are sanforized. Am considering exchanging for a larger size. I went off their size chart and took a 32 as I take a 50 in in their trousers, but maybe a 34 would be better?
They are nice! But I think I’d agree on sizing up, I take a 48.. well it was a 48 before lockdown and their sizing changes, I’m honestly not sure anymore but my plan if I ever got around to try their jeans was going to be 48 > 32.

And yeah i think you may still experience some shrinkage too, I have a few pairs of denim from Anglo and those have shrunk slightly even though CS told me they shouldn’t really, I just think it tends to happen with denim from what I’ve experienced.

They look good though, it’s up to you but maybe you should keep that pair and compare them side by side.

Thanks for the post, I’m fairly sure we didn’t have any posts in this thread about their denim so it’s really helpful to see.

Shetterd

Reaction score
They are nice! But I think I’d agree on sizing up, I take a 48.. well it was a 48 before lockdown and their sizing changes, I’m honestly not sure anymore but my plan if I ever got around to try their jeans was going to be 48 > 32.

And yeah i think you may still experience some shrinkage too, I have a few pairs of denim from Anglo and those have shrunk slightly even though CS told me they shouldn’t really, I just think it tends to happen with denim from what I’ve experienced.

They look good though, it’s up to you but maybe you should keep that pair and compare them side by side.

Thanks for the post, I’m fairly sure we didn’t have any posts in this thread about their denim so it’s really helpful to see.
Thanks! Yes, I think you're right. I have emailed them re an exchange but will sleep on it too. I have not bought new denim in years and I find it really difficult to tell what's down to it being rigid and what's down to it being a little tight, if that makes sense.

Actually on the sizing changes: I asked them about the changes to the Antonio trousers and they said the fit hadn't changed, but that the measurements now better reflected the actual fit, so guess the size table before was maybe a little generous...

Shetterd

Reaction score
Alright here we are in a size up @ClinkingThearly ! A bit too much space in the waist but as per B&B I expect shrinkage there. Otherwise, the fit feels much more comfortable than the size down. (I take a 50 in Antonio and don't find it super roomy. Initially took a 32. Here a 34.)

Attachments

• photo_2021-07-04_21-03-45.jpg
    photo_2021-07-04_21-03-45.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 248
  • photo_2021-07-04_21-03-56.jpg
    photo_2021-07-04_21-03-56.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 292

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Alright here we are in a size up @ClinkingThearly ! A bit too much space in the waist but as per B&B I expect shrinkage there. Otherwise, the fit feels much more comfortable than the size down. (I take a 50 in Antonio and don't find it super roomy. Initially took a 32. Here a 34.)
They look really good in the leg, a nice kind of straight fit.

I think you’re right if you take 50 in Antonio then 34 is definitely the way to go. I normally take a 48 in antonio but they’ve felt a bit snug after lockdown haha.

Mirage-

Reaction score
Nice, they actually look better than the pictures they have (which look great in off white, but not so in indigo for some reason).
How much high rise are they? I'm looking for some higher rise (than the standard low) jeans, but everywhere I go they stock low rise. I was a bit scared these were *too* high though.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Nice, they actually look better than the pictures they have (which look great in off white, but not so in indigo for some reason).
How much high rise are they? I'm looking for some higher rise (than the standard low) jeans, but everywhere I go they stock low rise. I was a bit scared these were *too* high though.

Thanks! Yeah they actually are high rise, they sit on or just under my belly button. I measured the front rise as 31cm on a size 34, and the back rise 39cm. (B&B website says front rise should be 32cm on size 34, so it might vary ever so slightly.)

Shetterd

Reaction score
Quick addendum in case anyone is interested. I did a cold soak of the jeans yesterday just to get some of the indigo and such out and they shrunk by about 6-7cm (ca 2.5-3 inches) in the leg and about 2cm (ca 1 inch) in the waist. Rise seems the same as before, maybe 1cm (half inch) reduction in the thigh, though that will likely stretch out a bit again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads