• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

Shetterd

Reaction score
Did anybody pick up anything exciting from the archive sale? Grabbed some linen shorts, and am so, so tempted by the brown herringbone raglan coat...

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
I didn’t pick anything up this time around, I looked at the western shirt for a while, but I’ve tried it twice before and it just doesn’t seem to work for me still doesn’t stop me thinking “but maybe this time..”

I have the grey herringbone Nisse from their first iteration and I really like it. My only complaint would be to have a slightly larger collar, which I think they addressed in their updated fit last year

Shetterd

Reaction score
I didn’t pick anything up this time around, I looked at the western shirt for a while, but I’ve tried it twice before and it just doesn’t seem to work for me still doesn’t stop me thinking “but maybe this time..”

I have the grey herringbone Nisse from their first iteration and I really like it. My only complaint would be to have a slightly larger collar, which I think they addressed in their updated fit last year
That's fair! I was also looking for a rain coat, and the Nisse seems nice, but so does Trunk's Cavendish...spoiled for choices at the moment it seems.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
That's fair! I was also looking for a rain coat, and the Nisse seems nice, but so does Trunk's Cavendish...spoiled for choices at the moment it seems.
I wasn’t aware of the trunks model but it does look kind of nice, I like the idea of a removable liner too..
I have one of their field jackets and the fabric they used is really nice, like a water repellent cotton and water just falls off it. I imagine they’ve used something similar for the raincoat

Shetterd

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware of the trunks model but it does look kind of nice, I like the idea of a removable liner too..
I have one of their field jackets and the fabric they used is really nice, like a water repellent cotton and water just falls off it. I imagine they’ve used something similar for the raincoat
I like the liner too! Seems that might make it more wearable when it’s slightly colder. It’s slightly shorter though, but I guess not being that tall the length of the Nisse may not be flattering.

rasmusp

Reaction score
I have the Trunk Cavendish rain coat. I like a fair bit.
I would have liked it to have had buttons for the pockets, like the Campbell rain coat, but I guess I could have a tailor add those. It has zipped inner pockets.
There's a detachable throat latch that's a bit silly, but I guess removing it, the coat can be made slightly more formal.
The liner seems nice; I don't know how warm is truly is yet.
At size 50, it goes to just below my knees (I'm 186cm).

Shetterd

Reaction score
I have the Trunk Cavendish rain coat. I like a fair bit.
I would have liked it to have had buttons for the pockets, like the Campbell rain coat, but I guess I could have a tailor add those. It has zipped inner pockets.
There's a detachable throat latch that's a bit silly, but I guess removing it, the coat can be made slightly more formal.
The liner seems nice; I don't know how warm is truly is yet.
At size 50, it goes to just below my knees (I'm 186cm).
That's good to hear! Do you have any experience as to how it compares to the Nisse? I picked a 48 in Cavendish, with a 40 inch chest at 175cm. I thought about sizing up but was in part concerned about the sleeves. I have a 61ish cm sleeve length and waas worried they could not be shortened sufficiently due to the adjustable cuffs.

rasmusp

Reaction score
The sleeves are generous in length, but for me they seem just right. Slightly shorter than my private white jackets (size 4) and slightly longer than my Ring Jacket polocoat. You could probably shorten them slightly.

Sellidor

Reaction score
Anyone tried their new trousers? The sizing seems to have changed, it's a bit confusing. Size 46 used to be a 40 cm waist, now it's 38 cm.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Anyone tried their new trousers? The sizing seems to have changed, it's a bit confusing. Size 46 used to be a 40 cm waist, now it's 38 cm.
Unfortunately not, but if that translates to a narrower seat measurement B&B trousers may no longer be an option for me sadly.

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
You mentioned up thread that $1,700 is around the same range as bespoke. (Panta is not $1,700 for a bespoke suit, btw). I only said that I don't think that's true -- bespoke is at least double that amount. Bespoke sport coats in the US generally start around $3,500 and then $4,500 for a suit. $1,000 for a sport coat and $1,500 for a suit is very mid-tier RTW.

I live in D.C. (cost of things is high), and just commissioned a bespoke suit from a Cad trunk show for $2,600~. Sport coat would have been less.

More than $1,700, but not quite as high as what you're quoting. :)

EUtroll

Reaction score
By the work wear jacket, yes, but afraid that it's running too slim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads