• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

mbb355

Reaction score
View attachment 1540335
Thanks for your advice - new try: Different angle at least, probably need better lighting for less distortion (and a better camera, but will probably stick to watching instead of posting pics here).

Yes, 48 is my standard and the measurements on the site matched my favorite MTMs.
That's an impressive off-the-rack fit

Shetterd

Reaction score
In the end, I did order the matching B&B jacket, but am not sure I have as much luck with this particular fit as @Eset! It's probably quite simply a size too big, but the smaller size is unfortunately out. Would still appreciate feedback @mbb355 @TheShetlandSweater @othertravel @dieworkwear !

Attachments

• photo_2021-01-23_16-14-37.jpg
    photo_2021-01-23_16-14-37.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 171
  • photo_2021-01-23_16-14-40.jpg
    photo_2021-01-23_16-14-40.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 153
  • photo_2021-01-23_16-14-42.jpg
    photo_2021-01-23_16-14-42.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 134
  • photo_2021-01-23_16-14-53.jpg
    photo_2021-01-23_16-14-53.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 171

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In the end, I did order the matching B&B jacket, but am not sure I have as much luck with this particular fit as @Eset! It's probably quite simply a size too big, but the smaller size is unfortunately out.

Is that your natural stance? You look like you're standing at attention for the camera, which might be throwing the jacket off.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Is that your natural stance? You look like you're standing at attention for the camera, which might be throwing the jacket off.
I have quite a prominent chest, which is probably not helping things! Here's another couple which I hope are helpful.

Attachments

• photo_2021-01-23_17-56-27.jpg
    photo_2021-01-23_17-56-27.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 163
  • photo_2021-01-23_17-56-29.jpg
    photo_2021-01-23_17-56-29.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 170
  • photo_2021-01-23_17-56-34.jpg
    photo_2021-01-23_17-56-34.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 179
  • photo_2021-01-23_17-57-03.jpg
    photo_2021-01-23_17-57-03.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 293

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have quite a prominent chest, which is probably not helping things! Here's another couple which I hope are helpful.

That fits you much better.

Sometimes, when people are standing in front of the mirror or taking a photo, they stand overly erect, such that they throw their shoulders back, stiffen their arms, and straighten their back. This can throw off the balance of the coat, causing the fronts to scissor inwards and the sleeves to ripple down the back. Seemed to me like some of the fit issues in your first set of photos were caused by an unnatural posture, but you never know as some people do stand very straight.

If the second set is more indicative of your natural posture, I think the jacket fits you well, but you'll want to get the sleeves adjusted for a dress shirt. I think this silhouette fits you better than the previous poster, but I also think the previous poster's fit looks a bit trim because he was wearing a thick sweater.

In your second photo, there's some rippling along the sleevehead. I think this is probably caused by you straightening your arm. In the third photo, the rippling doesn't appear. Depending on which is more accurate for your natural stance, you may want to get a tailor to address this. The jacket's sleeve should be pitched at a degree that matches your natural stance.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

The fit looks pretty good. A jacket will always look too big when the sleeves are too long. I think you'll also get a better appreciation for how it fits if you wear it with shirt and tie, and with the pants hemmed (or at least rolled up some) and with shoes. It is easier to appreciate things in context.

You say it is big, but that is something that is hard to discern from the photos. If it is big, you can always get it taken in some in the waist. So long as the length is right and the shoulders fit, I have never really found it to be much of a problem if the chest is a bit large.

As for the cut, it looks a bit different than what you normally see on SF, at least as far as I can tell from these photos (again, the lower camera position makes it harder to tell). Whether you like the cut is a personal question. Whether you like the cut is just as important whether something fits, at least in my opinion. That is something only you can answer.

Eset

Reaction score
Larger wale cords. Described as white on the site but really an off-white or light cream, which is probably better for winter.
Looks really beautiful. How's the fit of your Alfons, not too slim around the buttocks, as some suggested?
Ordered the Anton model in brown and can't wait to pick them up from my tailor. Fabric and cut felt amazing.

professorclee

Reaction score
Looks really beautiful. How's the fit of your Alfons, not too slim around the buttocks, as some suggested?
Ordered the Anton model in brown and can't wait to pick them up from my tailor. Fabric and cut felt amazing.
I get a 48 because I like the leg size, but it is a bit tight in the waist primarily (too many cheese puffs). It could benefit from letting out the waist and rear a bit--agree on that--though I tolerate it.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I just got some Antonio flannels in taupe. This is my first experience with B&B trousers. Here are some thoughts.

1) The flannel is really nice. I have some older flannels that I really like. They are fuzzy and mottled with good weight and drape. Then, earlier this year, I picked up some VBC flannels and was a bit disappointed with the flannel. They felt much lighter and didn't drape nearly as well (they're still nice pants, though). These are much heavier than either. Unlike my older flannels, these aren't fuzzy, but rather compact and dense. They don't feel delicate or tissue paper-y.

2) The taupe color isn't really taupe. It's more just a warmish grey, albeit with some darker blue notes. I thought this would be the case when I bought them based on the pictures, and I was correct.

3) Normally, I buy a size up and then take in the waist. I sized up on these, but I won't need to take in the waist. The side-adjustors do enough.

4) For those with bigger legs, this fits fairly slim on me. I don't think I would fit into any of the slimmer B&B cuts.

5) The hem is advertised as being larger, but it looks pretty normal on me. The rise is a bit lower than expected, about an inch or two below my navel.

6) The fit is pretty good and clean throughout. The one exception is by the pleats on the right side. The fabric is rippling around there a bit. I think they didn't cut something quite right there. It seems like there is a bit of extra fabric causing the problem. If I pull up or add tension, e.g. with braces, the ripples go away. I think this is more a make problem than a fit problem. I've never had this before and it's only on one side. Maybe I'll see about getting this fixed. It's only really noticeable if I'm not wearing a jacket, as a jacket would cover this up.

Overall, I am happy with these and can recommend. The fabric and fit are nice. (The hanger is also a nice touch.)

gianm

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Arnold's in taupe. Would have liked to check out the Antonio's but none in my size this late into sale season. Not surprising though.

rasmusp

Reaction score
I'd suspect you'd pay UK VAT plus a handling fee on arrival. It gets more complicated if your order exceeds £135, but since B&B is produced in the EU you would hopefully not face any duties irrespective of the value of the order. The Guardian has an article on the new EU-UK regime.

(It seems B&B is still not removing Swedish VAT for non-EU purchases so you'd pay that as well. That is generally not the case).

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
It could also be that they have a much bigger stock than they used to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads