• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

Shetterd

Reaction score
This piece has relevant info about this alteration. It seems complicated, and if I were you I just might leave it (unless I had a really good alterations tailor nearby).
Thanks! I am lucky in that I do have that: a bespoke tailor who also does alterations (though his bespoke is sadly out of my reach for the moment).

Shetterd

Reaction score
Here are the tags @othertravel ! (The other side of the inside tag only says the model number (which is also in the other photo) and made in Italy. Would be curious if you can tell from this who made it?

Attachments

• photo_2021-01-20_18-45-41.jpg
    photo_2021-01-20_18-45-41.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 130
  • photo_2021-01-20_18-45-46.jpg
    photo_2021-01-20_18-45-46.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the tags @othertravel ! (The other side of the inside tag only says the model number (which is also in the other photo) and made in Italy. Would be curious if you can tell from this who made it?

Thanks for sharing! The tag looks familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
With trousers it's mainly about pattern and fabric and B&B's patterns are unique to them as far as I know. Many factories/workshops can make good quality pants.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The flannels have arrived @ClinkingThearly @mbb355. Love that it comes with a hanger. The cloth is great, much denser and more substantial than the VBC flannel.

The fit I think it not terrible. Good in the waist, could be half a centimetre higher in the rise it feels like, and just is a bit tight around the seat (there is some cloth to let it out there, so hopefully that will be enough). But would be curious to hear what you guys think!
View attachment 1539254
View attachment 1539255
View attachment 1539256

You may want to find a tailor who can clean up the back. In my experience, that means shortening the back rise and letting out the crotch.

Regarding factories, companies often have their own patterns.

Shetterd

Reaction score
With trousers it's mainly about pattern and fabric and B&B's patterns are unique to them as far as I know. Many factories/workshops can make good quality pants.
Do you by any chance know who makes their cloth? They say it's "woven in England" but not more than that, which strikes me as strange?

Shetterd

Reaction score
You may want to find a tailor who can clean up the back. In my experience, that means shortening the back rise and letting out the crotch.

Regarding factories, companies often have their own patterns.
Thanks, that's really helpful! Otherwise you think it's a good start?

PS. Love your blog!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, that's really helpful! Otherwise you think it's a good start?

PS. Love your blog!

Thanks!

The trousers seem to fit well. The seat looks a little tight and the back rise long. But you can get this adjusted at an alterations shop.

Do you by any chance know who makes their cloth? They say it's "woven in England" but not more than that, which strikes me as strange?

At this price, prob Minnis

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

No clue and I don't know that it is strange. I don't think CM places generally say who makes their fabric, although more and more do. The Armoury often doesn't say with their trousers. Anglo-Italian doesn't say. Drake's generally doesn't say. I think value-oriented brands are more likely to say who makes their fabrics to convince customers that their products actually are high quality. Of course, there are higher end places that do this too.

Shetterd

Reaction score
No clue and I don't know that it is strange. I don't think CM places generally say who makes their fabric, although more and more do. The Armoury often doesn't say with their trousers. Anglo-Italian doesn't say. Drake's generally doesn't say. I think value-oriented brands are more likely to say who makes their fabrics to convince customers that their products actually are high quality. Of course, there are higher end places that do this too.
Yeah I was thinking from the point of view of differentiating from the competition. Though I guess a heavier than VBC flannel+woven in England is enough in that regard.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking from the point of view of differentiating from the competition. Though I guess a heavier than VBC flannel+woven in England is enough in that regard.

They also say they developed it themselves. I think it would be a little different if they were just offering something from a book.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Am seriously tempted
Thanks!

The trousers seem to fit well. The seat looks a little tight and the back rise long. But you can get this adjusted at an alterations shop.

At this price, prob Minnis
Thanks! Am seriously tempted to get the matching jacket given the sale...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh man. Really putting me to the test here. If only it had patch pockets...

A flannel suit should have welted or flapped pockets, I think. It's a business suit. Patch pockets would be too casual for a material like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads