• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
A brief plug for my new B&B pants, the linen trousers in the Anton fit. I have a disproportionately large butt and thighs and pants are always tricky to the point where most of my chinos are part Spandex, and my only jeans are Levis 541s. Dress trousers are mostly full cut Santorelli, or MTM/bespoke. Was definitely apprehensive about these, especially from a company so Euro-modern. Well they fit GREAT. Roomy where I need room but doesn't bag up when I sit, and with a clean tapered leg; really happy for whoever drew up this template. Of course, the adcopy said that it's supposed to have a 1930s Laurence Fellows feel to it, so maybe I'm just not wearing them as intended, but oh well. Material is solid, too. Linen for sure, nice and cool and a bit wrinkly, but heavy enough that that they don't rumple the second you look at them, as opposed to that flimsy cheapo stuff that handles like wet toilet paper. Very happy with them and just ordered the matching jacket just for the heck of it.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be curious to see pics going off of that description. The measurements definitely give me pause on the trousers. Awesome if that uncertainty proves to be without merit.

professorclee

Reaction score
20200716_165844.jpg
20200716_171012.jpg

These Alphons trousers arrived today and they fit better than I even remember, and they're on sale now at 40% off. Another thing I like about Berg&Berg is that they provide a nice hanger, which lot of other companies don't especially at this price point.
20200716_172731.jpg

Last edited:

quuz

Reaction score
A brief plug for my new B&B pants, the linen trousers in the Anton fit. I have a disproportionately large butt and thighs and pants are always tricky to the point where most of my chinos are part Spandex, and my only jeans are Levis 541s. Dress trousers are mostly full cut Santorelli, or MTM/bespoke. Was definitely apprehensive about these, especially from a company so Euro-modern. Well they fit GREAT. Roomy where I need room but doesn't bag up when I sit, and with a clean tapered leg; really happy for whoever drew up this template. Of course, the adcopy said that it's supposed to have a 1930s Laurence Fellows feel to it, so maybe I'm just not wearing them as intended, but oh well. Material is solid, too. Linen for sure, nice and cool and a bit wrinkly, but heavy enough that that they don't rumple the second you look at them, as opposed to that flimsy cheapo stuff that handles like wet toilet paper. Very happy with them and just ordered the matching jacket just for the heck of it.

Ugh have a similair issue, I'm super Skinny and always wear size 44 trousers albeit my butt is more like size 46. Went with size 44 Anton in cotton this time around as well and they fit really well except for the butt which are just on the edge of being too tight while the waist area is just on the edge of being too large :( having a shirt or polo tucked in without wearing a jacket makes my butt seem even larger and the trousers even tighter. Wondering if it's worth it to let them out a bit while I have them hemmed...

Can also chime in on the polos, they are simply amazing, especially for being cotton, the fabric is so nice and soft!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so general consensus is they all fit TTS (measurement certainly looks like it)? thinking about picking up Arnold linen trouser (think I will skip Anton, leg opening would require a bit tapering)

rasmusp

Reaction score
I purchased a linen Filip II sirt in my usual size, but the fit is longer and roomier than my other Filip II shirts. The arms are 2.75cm longer, which seems like a big discrepancy (measurements below).

This may be intentional and due to expected shrinkage and linen being more "stiff", or it might be a mistake in the cut (don't know how likely that is; I've asked B&B).

Has anybody else tried the linen Filip II shirts and compared the fit to the "ordinary" Filip II shirts?

Thanks,

Cotton oxford Filip II 41
[cm]
Linen Filip II 41
[cm]
Collar (inside, measured flat)44.2545
Chest (pit to pit)5757
Shoulder (along lower part of yoke)47.5048
Sleeves length (along top, from shoulders)67,5069
Sleeves width (at attachment)22,5025
Cuffs1010,50
Waist (above third last button)5052
Length (BOC)8283

Last edited:

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
I purchased a linen Filip II sirt in my usual size, but the fit is longer and roomier than my other Filip II shirts. The arms are 2.75cm longer, which seems like a big discrepancy (measurements below).

This may be intentional and due to expected shrinkage and linen being more "stiff", or it might be a mistake in the cut (don't know how likely that is; I've asked B&B).

Has anybody else tried the linen Filip II shirts and compared the fit to the "ordinary" Filip II shirts?

Thanks,

Cotton oxford Filip II 41
[cm]
Linen Filip II 41
[cm]
Collar (inside, measured flat)44.2545
Chest (pit to pit)5757
Shoulder (along lower part of yoke)47.5048
Arms (along top, from shoulders)67,5069
Waist (above third last button)5052
Length (BOC)8283
Are the arms wider as well?

rasmusp

Reaction score
Good question!

The sleeves on the linen shirt are noticeably wider (and longer) when the sleeves are put on top of eachother. The sleeves on the linen shirt seem to be approximately 2.50cm wider. The cuffs are around ½ cm wider.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Good question!

The sleeves on the linen shirt are noticeably wider (and longer) when the sleeves are put on top of eachother. The sleeves on the linen shirt seem to be approximately 2.50cm wider. The cuffs are around ½ cm wider.

maybe it’s accounted for shrinkage for linen?
Actually I wish they change all their shirts to this spec. as they are always a little too tight in the arms and yoke for me.

rasmusp

Reaction score
Yes, I'm wondering if it on purpose. If it's on account of expected shrinkage all is well. I hope to hear back from B&B next week.

I size up in B&B shirts to get a more comfortable fit and sufficiently long sleeves. The Ferdinand cut is supposedly more classic, but I haven't tried it.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Yes, I'm wondering if it on purpose. If it's on account of expected shrinkage all is well. I hope to hear back from B&B next week.

I size up in B&B shirts to get a more comfortable fit and sufficiently long sleeves. The Ferdinand cut is supposedly more classic, but I haven't tried it.

Let us know what they say

Sellidor

Reaction score
I have two pairs of the Alfons linen trousers. Love the fit. Unfortunately, they wrinkle a ton--I wish the linen were heavier. Odd that Berg & Berg doesn't disclose what mill it's from.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of the Alfons linen trousers. Love the fit. Unfortunately, they wrinkle a ton--I wish the linen were heavier. Odd that Berg & Berg doesn't disclose what mill it's from.
Out of curiosity, do you have previous familiarity with linen? I don’t know of any linens offered that don’t wrinkle (others will say rumple lol) a ton by my estimation.
Also, FWIW, the B&B cloth is essentially Minnis weight. But, to your point, disclosure of fabric details would have been appreciated.

Sellidor

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you have previous familiarity with linen? I don’t know of any linens offered that don’t wrinkle (others will say rumple lol) a ton by my estimation.
Also, FWIW, the B&B cloth is essentially Minnis weight. But, to your point, disclosure of fabric details would have been appreciated.

I have a pair made with Brisbane Moss linen, 340 g/m, that barely wrinkles compared to the B&B trousers. Specifically, this one: https://pantalons-scavini.fr/fr/collections-en-cours/114-coupe-ajustee-lin.html

It feels much sturdier and robust than the B&B fabric (which is apparently 330 g/m but feels very light and airy).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads