• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

rasmusp

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with the Nicolas polo coat? Is it cut large enough to be worn over a jacket or suit? It seems rather slim in the chest and shoulder based on the measurements, but I don't have much intuition about coat measurements...

Clicking Thearly didn't you buy one last year?

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with the Nicolas polo coat? Is it cut large enough to be worn over a jacket or suit? It seems rather slim in the chest and shoulder based on the measurements, but I don't have much intuition about coat measurements...

Clicking Thearly didn't you buy one last year?
Yes I do indeed have the Nicolas coat. As it was basically named after me I kind of had to buy it.

I have worn it over a suit/jacket before.

I can't recall if I've said this before, but I actually find I wear the Nicolas coat more casually than say with a jacket or suit. I've worn the Nisse more with a suit.

I am a 48 in B&B (although I have just ordered some more Antons in a 50 much to my surprise... winter weight..) so the coat I have is a 48. If you would like me to I can lay it flat and take some measurements for you if it would help; just let me know

hrv123

Reaction score
With 30 % off their grenadines are probably the best value grenadines within europe.

Too bad the don't deduct VAT. Really irks me that they fleece non-EU customers and keep the cash for themselves. Not interested in paying twice the tax.

itraxx

Reaction score
Too bad the don't deduct VAT. Really irks me that they fleece non-EU customers and keep the cash for themselves. Not interested in paying twice the tax.

Agreed. I can’t bring myself to order anything until they rectify this issue. But it’s been at least a year since I initially complained with no changes.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I can’t bring myself to order anything until they rectify this issue. But it’s been at least a year since I initially complained with no changes.
I just find it all very distasteful, particularly because, if memory serves, someone here was told the issue was due to their web store setup (or something along those lines) and was being worked on, as you mention above.
Kinda icky to go from "we're working on it" to "deal with it." One assumes it isn't hurting their business, but it leaves such a sour taste for me.

cbennett24

Reaction score
Anyone know if their knitwear runs small or large? Should I size up or down if I'm between sizes?

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
Anyone know if their knitwear runs small or large? Should I size up or down if I'm between sizes?

It runs a bit larger then most comparable brands. Size down if you want a slimmer and more snug fit, size up if you want something more roomy.

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
With 40% discount now applicable I went to order the apple pie jacket. Full-canvas Fox Brothers fabric at this price point is something that I have yet to see happen anywhere else. If anyone is one the fence about a particular item, now might be the time to decide.

Sellidor

Reaction score
I ordered the white flannel trousers at -30%...the very next day they're at -40%.

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
I ordered the white flannel trousers at -30%...the very next day they're at -40%.

Well they might have sold out if you waited longer. Most of their trousers are gone already, its very slim pickers there. FYI, there will likely be a 50% sale somewhere next week, but again, the risk is certainly that what you want might be sold out.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Anyone tried this season’s shirts? Are the arms wider than previous seasons’ as they claimed?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they might have sold out if you waited longer. Most of their trousers are gone already, its very slim pickers there. FYI, there will likely be a 50% sale somewhere next week, but again, the risk is certainly that what you want might be sold out.
I grabbed the white flannels two weeks ago and got the last in size 52. Wore them over the weekend after some minor tailoring. Excellent fit and VBC fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads