• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

nycs10011

Reaction score
Besides Berg & Berg, does anyone know any brands that offer high-rise, flat-front trousers? Seems extremely rare.

I just received the Alfonso trousers and I'm pretty happy with them. The rise seems higher than it was for the old fit. Although I do wish they would use a heavy Irish linen instead of Italian linen.

I like the same sort of style although lately, I've been adding more pleats to the mix. I'd look at Drake's, Rota and other options on No Man Walks Alone, Rubato, Jack Donnelly & Hertling for chinos.

upflup

Reaction score
The Arthur jeans in Ecru (Size 36) didn't end up working out for me. Figure I'd share here first before looking at a return in case anyone is interested.

Berg_Berg_SS21_Product_Arthur_2_1440x1999_crop_center.jpg

They're a size 36. I'm asking for what I paid which is $236 plus $8 shipping to anywhere in the US.

What didn't work about them? I was considering buying a pair in indigo in a 36.

MaE

Reaction score
Received their e-mail as well. I guess I’ll need some more pictures and infos since I’m not convinced yet. Is this a Jacket? A parka? Some sort of hybrid post Covid/wfh overcoat?

Shetterd

Reaction score
Received their e-mail as well. I guess I’ll need some more pictures and infos since I’m not convinced yet. Is this a Jacket? A parka? Some sort of hybrid post Covid/wfh overcoat?

"An urbanized take on the classic shooting jacket, our new Nils model will be available in navy and taupe wool. Designed to be the ideal everyday jacket for fall and winter, and easy to dress up or down."

Sounds like it's maybe somewhere between a safari jacket or a field jacket?

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Really like the look of "Nils" the new shooting jacket from the upcoming F/W collection.

View attachment 1653891
It looks good.

It also looks like they have added a lighter wash denim maybe? Not the picture you linked but I’m sure one of the images in the selection had a more “mid wash” denim look.

Also the red and black (buffalo?) jacket is coming. They first talked about that I’m sure it might have even been the end of 2019 as I remember messaging them about it when it never dropped, I wondered if it just couldn’t make the collection and so they pushed it back. Anyway seems like it’s coming now so looking forward to seeing a few more images.

Shetterd

Reaction score
It looks good.

It also looks like they have added a lighter wash denim maybe? Not the picture you linked but I’m sure one of the images in the selection had a more “mid wash” denim look.

Also the red and black (buffalo?) jacket is coming. They first talked about that I’m sure it might have even been the end of 2019 as I remember messaging them about it when it never dropped, I wondered if it just couldn’t make the collection and so they pushed it back. Anyway seems like it’s coming now so looking forward to seeing a few more images.

It seems there'll be a lighter and a darker wash, as well as a black iteration, which sounds great. (Photos from the website.)

1629116690913.png

1629116720202.png

1629116759696.png

vanmosh

Reaction score
What didn't work about them? I was considering buying a pair in indigo in a 36.

I just went a size too big - could have hot washed and dried to see if it would have fit better but didn't want to take the risk.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FW 21 looks pretty darn promising judging by the few pictures they posted.

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Look at the buttons (toggles? English is not my native lang) and ropes they’re attached to.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about them?

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
The balance in positioning the ropes is way off (left-right-wise). Look at the coat when it’s closed.

Shetterd

Reaction score
The balance in positioning the ropes is way off (left-right-wise). Look at the coat when it’s closed.
Hmm...They're aligned with the end of the snap button "placket"(?) as opposed to the middle of the coat. Not sure that means they screwed up. What do you think @Zerase?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads