• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Berg and Berg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree, but I never find them that "good" in real life, the collar doesn't stay up, doesn't really work for winter (unless you're like SF winter?) belt get loose pretty fast etc.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
I agree, but I never find them that "good" in real life, the collar doesn't stay up, doesn't really work for winter (unless you're like SF winter?) belt get loose pretty fast etc.
It looks like they've revised the design of the Nisse unless this is a new model. That collar definitely looks bigger and the belt looks slightly more substantial too.

I find with the collar of my Nisse (the first iteration they did) it stay up on one side but flops down on another

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks like they've revised the design of the Nisse unless this is a new model. That collar definitely looks bigger and the belt looks slightly more substantial too.

I find with the collar of my Nisse (the first iteration they did) it stay up on one side but flops down on another
nice to hear from actual experience, sorry if I wasn't being clear I was talking in general to this style rather than their specific version.

TheBlackDonDraper

Reaction score
Yes quite sad.

Though the website clearly says differently:
https://bergbergstore.com/pages/customer-service said:
VAT is included in the product price for shipping destinations in the EU and Norway, while VAT is not included for other shipping destinations outside of the EU. Non-EU customers might be subjected to VAT and customs in your own country.

It's a shame that they haven't been able to sort the issue of applying VAT for international customers. The pair of Alfons I have are great and I'd like to try the flannels in Arnold.

gianm

Reaction score
Yes quite sad.

Though the website clearly says differently:
The wording is quite odd. I think they are using VAT to refer to the destination counties own taxes. VAT from the source country is still included as well.

Eset

Reaction score
I find their new Tweed Blazer quite tempting (the green one is also very nice), although I might be waiting until it's on sale.
I was wondering though why the arm length is so long - they are basically requiring everyone to visit a tailor to shorten the sleeves?
Anyone has some experiences with the Dante cut, any opinions on that?

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I have one from their first year. I have never had a problem with the collar: it stays up in back. Different collars on coats are supposed to do different things on the sides.

The belt stays tied perfectly well if you tie it right. I have had zero difficulties with this.

Mine isn't very warm, but fall and spring are seasons too. It isn't a coat that will get you through the dead of winter.

I have other complaints about the coat design--maybe they have addressed some of these in the years since I bought mine--but I still wear the coat quite a bit and I have quite a few pieces of outerwear to choose from. It is very easy to slip on and off and you can wear it in many different ways.

Shetterd

Reaction score
1) They have a 20% sale going on right now.

2) Unlike some other makers, they have a wide range of fits and styles readily available in the same basic fabrics: pleated, flat, high, regular, wider leg, narrower leg, etc.

3) Their flannel is 15 oz. English flannel. That isn't something you can easily find RTW. They also claim their flannel is unique to them, though they don't really say what differentiates it from other flannels.
Can't seem to find the 20% sale, do you have a code perhaps? Thanks!

mbb355

Reaction score
if you plan on wearing the Nisse raglan coat over a sportcoat, should you order the same size as your sportcoat size, or size up?

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
if you plan on wearing the Nisse raglan coat over a sportcoat, should you order the same size as your sportcoat size, or size up?
I think the sizing is quite generous for Nisse. They are quite good at replying via Instagram messages if you wanted any specifics.

I have a Nisse and took my regular size and it fit fine over chunky knitwear of a sport coat. Hope that helps

mbb355

Reaction score
I think the sizing is quite generous for Nisse. They are quite good at replying via Instagram messages if you wanted any specifics.

I have a Nisse and took my regular size and it fit fine over chunky knitwear of a sport coat. Hope that helps
Very helpful, thanks. I’m a 46 and really like the charcoal Nisse coat, but worry it’ll just be too big. Your advice seems to confirm that concern. Thanks again!

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I am normally a 52. I took that for the Nisse and it was very roomy. If you don't want roomy, just go down a size.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's