• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Berg and Berg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I purchased a linen Filip II sirt in my usual size, but the fit is longer and roomier than my other Filip II shirts. The arms are 2.75cm longer, which seems like a big discrepancy (measurements below).

This may be intentional and due to expected shrinkage and linen being more "stiff", or it might be a mistake in the cut (don't know how likely that is; I've asked B&B).

Has anybody else tried the linen Filip II shirts and compared the fit to the "ordinary" Filip II shirts?

Thanks,

Cotton oxford Filip II 41
[cm]
Linen Filip II 41
[cm]
Collar (inside, measured flat)44.2545
Chest (pit to pit)5757
Shoulder (along lower part of yoke)47.5048
Sleeves length (along top, from shoulders)67,5069
Sleeves width (at attachment)22,5025
Cuffs1010,50
Waist (above third last button)5052
Length (BOC)8283
Some of the measurements on this chart may be a result of sewing tolerances, such as the 0.5cm in the shoulder

I don't know about the others, but sleeves are often a bit longer to account for how linen accordions with wear (not sure if it should be 2.5cm. I've never specified with a tailor, they've just adjusted according to how they see fit).

professorclee

Reaction score

Sellidor

Reaction score
Must be a difference between Irish linen and linen from Italian mills, which are lighter and wrinkle more easily.
That's probably it. I guess I'd much rather have Irish linen then, it's still quite airy and performs well in the heat, while holding up to repeated wears.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is it really "hold up repeated wears" or just less winkele?

hschrapel

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has had huge latency in their order/s? I ordered last Wednesday, live in Stockholm (literally a 20 minute drive away) and haven't seen anything. They've sent me a tracking number with DHL, but it shows as only the consignment being created, not update. Contacted them, and they claim they've sent it but Covid delays with DHL blah blah. Contacted DHL directly, and they've said there are no current delays within Stockholm, and that according to their records, no package has ever been scanned in to their system with that tracking number... A lot of back and forth at the moment, with no resolution, just pissed off that I ordered a 3 sport coats from Canada the same day, and I received them yesterday... Yet shipping 20 minutes away seems to be "delayed"?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could also be they are shipping it from somewhere else.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, I got mine in the US, but definitely slower than I expected

Zerase

Reaction score
Please show pics on how you'll wear and style it. My only idea would be a white shirt and put a black grenadine tie if I wanted to be a bit fancy.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please show pics on how you'll wear and style it. My only idea would be a white shirt and put a black grenadine tie if I wanted to be a bit fancy.
Sure thing, though don’t hold out much hope for creative epiphanies! I definitely trend boring in style, and I have imagine little will change with such an odd ball suit. We shall see.
The changes to the cut for the Dante model was, if memory serves, some combination of increased upper arms, lowered gorge, and lowered buttoning point, correct? Really hoping the upper arms (or arms as a whole) are noticeably wider. I really enjoy their mock leno jacket I got a few seasons back, but the bicep through deltoid area does sit more snugly than ideal.
Either way, hoping for a good/good enough fit. I don't like returning items, generally speaking, and doing so across the Atlantic is a definitely pain. Though, to B&B's credit, they made the return process (had to size up in the mock leno) is convenient as one could reasonably expect.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.