• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Berg and Berg

9thsymph

Reaction score
I know. My point is that they are robbing Peter to pay Paul. They are redistributing costs/savings...
In other words...could be that I get my VAT subtracted, but then have to pay a higher shipping fee = net neutral

Konnor

Reaction score
In other words...could be that I get my VAT subtracted, but then have to pay a higher shipping fee = net neutral
My guess is that shipping fee would not be 20% of the cost of the item unless its $150 and under.

9thsymph

Reaction score
My guess is that shipping fee would not be 20% of the cost of the item unless its $150 and under.
I'd reckon it's even more complicated than that....my point being: We/I don't know the costs for B&B doing expedited delivery to non-EU. It might be baked into any number of platforms...

So if I buy a polo for 120 and only pay 10 shipping vs get the vat back and pay 90, but have to pay 30 shipping and 10 for customs fee...? Etc...(also, not sure what other costs go into doing business for them with non-EU...could be other "hidden" costs that would be seemingly trivial for them to articulate? Anyway, it's easier doing business with them than most of the domestic brands I encounter, so...

Last edited:

Konnor

Reaction score
I'd reckon it's even more complicated than that....my point being: We/I don't know the costs for B&B doing expedited delivery to non-EU. It might be baked into any number of platforms...

So if I buy a polo for 120 and only pay 10 shipping vs get the vat back and pay 90, but have to pay 30 shipping and 10 for customs fee...? Etc...(also, not sure what other costs go into doing business for them with non-EU...could be other "hidden" costs that would be seemingly trivial for them to articulate? Anyway, it's easier doing business with them, than most of the domestic brands I encounter, so...
Thats my point. It may be worth it for a polo, but if you spend $1000, it is very unlikely that the shipping would be $200.

9thsymph

Reaction score
Thats my point. It may be worth it for a polo, but if you spend $1000, it is very unlikely that the shipping would be $200.
Yes, totally. Thus my "...see the price. Decide..."

I'd also point out that despite it being stated as fact, there is no certainty that B&B price their items according to what's been outlined on this thread. They could very well be spreading the pricing across a number of factors, not simply adding %25 to everything they sell. Just saying...

9thsymph

Reaction score
My other point being: "Hey, B&B! You better give me my VAT back, or else I'll have to buy your better-than-any-other polo anyway? Ok? Don't make me do it!"

9thsymph

Reaction score
My other point being: "Hey, B&B! You better give me my VAT back, or else I'll have to buy your better-than-any-other polo anyway? Ok? Don't make me do it!"
(C'mon...not having that polo ain't an option...)

9thsymph

Reaction score
Btw... Berg & Berg, if you're listening: Now that I've defended your honor and purchased multiple polos at a suspected premium to the detriment of your Government, I'd like to request a F/W version of your current polo (same exact collar and waste) in long-sleeve cotton or merino (NOT CASHMERE!). Thanks!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Btw... Berg & Berg, if you're listening: Now that I've defended your honor and purchased multiple polos at a suspected premium to the detriment of your Government, I'd like to request a F/W version of your current polo (same exact collar and waste) in long-sleeve cotton or merino (NOT CASHMERE!). Thanks!
They had some jersey cotton polos a few years ago with a collar that stood up nicely under a sports coat. I thought it was great. The jersey was terrific too. More like a sweater than a pique cotton polo, the surface was really smooth and soft.

No long-sleeved polos this season, unfortunately, but I'm hoping for an olive wool version this fall.

This is the collar on the jersey.

51712100_358337225018931_1753298284359239072_n-863x1024.jpg

9thsymph

Reaction score
They had some jersey cotton polos a few years ago with a collar that stood up nicely under a sports coat. I thought it was great. The jersey was terrific too. More like a sweater than a pique cotton polo, the surface was really smooth and soft.

No long-sleeved polos this season, unfortunately, but I'm hoping for an olive wool version this fall.

This is the collar on the jersey.

View attachment 1422741
Yeah, I missed the boat on those. For this fall I'm hoping for a long-sleeve polo with something close to the current collar and [sweater] waistband. The waistband is actually the critical issue for me (don't want it to hang and I don't want to tuck...) - perfect for wearing under casual tailoring or [boring] leather jackets! ;-)

Their short-sleeve summer polos have the best sleeve proportions and band size that I've encountered. Reeeeeeally good!

Reaction score
Those blue button-downs are particularly sweet, especially considering collar-roll and price.
Does anyone have any longtime experience with the quality of their shirting?

Zerase

Reaction score
I bought one a few years ago second hand. It has hold up very well imo.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.