• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Berg and Berg

LeslieL

Reaction score
yea Berg & Berg has been much slimmer than SM, especially the pants.
SM pants have great fabric choice but are tapered too much IMO (both slim and Contemporary fit)... I got straight legs, so I think they look better in straight or regular fit trousers. Desperately looking for some affordable MTM trousers in Toronto area...

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be. I have not tried the old model, so cannot comment on that. But honestly speaking, I think they still need to improve the model a bit. I have tried Ring Jacket in The Armoury HK and it fits me better. But fit can vary for different people.
Interesting. That may make me more inclined to give BB's new model a try. RJ (I've only tried Armoury's Model 3) fits me fantastically in my SM size. Waist needs nipping, but the shoulder is a dream.
Is SM not an option for MTM, cost wise? I'd been considering giving them a shot. They seem VERY flexible in what they're able to make up. I agree that even the contemporary (which I'm wearing today lol) is slim, in my estimation.

LeslieL

Reaction score
Interesting. That may make me more inclined to give BB's new model a try. RJ (I've only tried Armoury's Model 3) fits me fantastically in my SM size. Waist needs nipping, but the shoulder is a dream.
Is SM not an option for MTM, cost wise? I'd been considering giving them a shot. They seem VERY flexible in what they're able to make up. I agree that even the contemporary (which I'm wearing today lol) is slim, in my estimation.
I have not tried SM MTM yet but plan to do so (maybe make 1 or 2 pairs of straight-cut flannel trousers). I don't know if they have comprehensive Moon tweed collection and flannel collection in stock. It is a pity that I didn't buy their AW2019 brown herringbone tweed jacket when it was in stock, now it has gone ...

RJ is dream option +1:cool:

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am not going to keep it since it does not fit me. Overall, the garment is light and soft -- you can tell when you wear it. The Zegna fabric feels luxurious and is perfect in fall and winter. The shoulder, the construction... everything is fine but the fit. I usually wear a 36S in SuSu and Spier Mackay, while the Berg Berg's 44 fits more like a 36R.
The back is not clean and the length is too long for me.
Another thing is the working cuff. I definitely agree working cuff makes garment more attractive but it also makes alternation a bit more difficult.

BTW, the two ties and two pairs of socks are great bargains. I will recommend their OTC socks and ties.
Unfortunately I don’t think they make anything in a shorter length. So as you say their 44 would be like a 36R. They recently introduced bigger sizes for taller guys which is their 148 for example. But nothing the other way.

Shame it didn’t fit you as that fabric looks great.

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the Dan II is a super weird cut. It's surprisingly structured up top but has drape.. but is also kind of narrow across the blades with a lower armhole? and it also seems too short in general, but with proportionally longer sleeves with a working buttonhole.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%