• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Berg and Berg

Sellidor

Reaction score
Just received the white (more of a cream/off-white) flannel Alfons trousers. Pretty happy with the fit and fabric. I like the relatively high rise without pleats, it's not so easy to find in RTW. I was worried they'd seem too baggy, but the cut seems quite balanced. Not as slim as Suit Supply's Braddon fit (which has a similar rise), so the drape is better, especially around the knees. Although I'm more used to a narrower leg opening (generally 18 cm, whereas these are 19 cm) as I'm pretty slim.

The only thing that makes me hesitate about keeping them is that the back is slightly transparent. My shirt and underwear are somewhat visible, depending on the color...wondering what others are doing about this.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Try gray undergarments.

Just received the white (more of a cream/off-white) flannel Alfons trousers. Pretty happy with the fit and fabric. I like the relatively high rise without pleats, it's not so easy to find in RTW. I was worried they'd seem too baggy, but the cut seems quite balanced. Not as slim as Suit Supply's Braddon fit (which has a similar rise), so the drape is better, especially around the knees. Although I'm more used to a narrower leg opening (generally 18 cm, whereas these are 19 cm) as I'm pretty slim.

The only thing that makes me hesitate about keeping them is that the back is slightly transparent. My shirt and underwear are somewhat visible, depending on the color...wondering what others are doing about this.

Zerase

Reaction score
Those white flannels are calling my name... must resist...

paddymac

Reaction score
If anybody has the chocolate flannel trousers in 44 let me know happy to pay more for them

LeslieL

Reaction score
I just ordered one Dante sand tweed sport coat, one navy and white stripe shantung tie, one burgundy printed tie (my girlfriend's favorite though) and two pairs of OTC socks from Berg & Berg. Hopefully the jacket will arrive this Fri and I have to pay 100+ CAD taxes in Canada (which pretty much offsets the benefit of First Order 10% off). More pics and reviews if I am going to keep those items:D

moimael

Reaction score
I just ordered one Dante sand tweed sport coat, one navy and white stripe shantung tie, one burgundy printed tie (my girlfriend's favorite though) and two pairs of OTC socks from Berg & Berg. Hopefully the jacket will arrive this Fri and I have to pay 100+ CAD taxes in Canada (which pretty much offsets the benefit of First Order 10% off). More pics and reviews if I am going to keep those items:D
You can self-clear packages at the custom yourself to avoid brokerage fees, also with the new CETA deal, there is no duty on it since it's made in Europe (you'd have to specify it to the customs agent though since they are not all aware of that). Basically you'll have to pay only ~15% VAT depending on which province you live in.

LeslieL

Reaction score
You can self-clear packages at the custom yourself to avoid brokerage fees, also with the new CETA deal, there is no duty on it since it's made in Europe (you'd have to specify it to the customs agent though since they are not all aware of that). Basically you'll have to pay only ~15% VAT depending on which province you live in.
Thanks for the info! I live in Toronto and the final amount of duties is not determined yet. I will see when FedEx delivers my package.

ZheNewYork

Reaction score
how’s the sport coat turned out?

LeslieL

Reaction score
how’s the sport coat turned out?
Unfortunately, I am not going to keep it since it does not fit me. Overall, the garment is light and soft -- you can tell when you wear it. The Zegna fabric feels luxurious and is perfect in fall and winter. The shoulder, the construction... everything is fine but the fit. I usually wear a 36S in SuSu and Spier Mackay, while the Berg Berg's 44 fits more like a 36R.
The back is not clean and the length is too long for me.
Another thing is the working cuff. I definitely agree working cuff makes garment more attractive but it also makes alternation a bit more difficult.

BTW, the two ties and two pairs of socks are great bargains. I will recommend their OTC socks and ties.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. You find B&B to run bigger in comparison to SM? Wonder if that's due to the new fit, since the older model (Dan?) feels MUCH slimmer to me (particularly in the upper arm) than an equivalently sized SM jacket.

LeslieL

Reaction score
Interesting. You find B&B to run bigger in comparison to SM? Wonder if that's due to the new fit, since the older model (Dan?) feels MUCH slimmer to me (particularly in the upper arm) than an equivalently sized SM jacket.
Might be. I have not tried the old model, so cannot comment on that. But honestly speaking, I think they still need to improve the model a bit. I have tried Ring Jacket in The Armoury HK and it fits me better. But fit can vary for different people.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%