1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta sale in nyc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by discostu004, May 25, 2004.

1. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

don't they do leather goods? if not i don't know what they do:

june 2-4
    9-630
    560 Seventh Ave.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I believe they also produce sporting type clothing in the manner of Barbour.

3. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Don't they make a nice 9mm semi-automatic? ....in Texas that does qualify as a fashion accesory.

4. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Also some damn fine shotguns...

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Seemingly though Beretta is known mostly for their handguns. Purdey, and Holland & Holland creates a mean shotgun/rifle.

6. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

7. jcusey

Also some damn fine shotguns...
    Seemingly though Beretta is known mostly for their handguns. Purdey, and Holland & Holland creates a mean shotgun/rifle.
    Don't you watch The Sopranos? [​IMG] I'm no gun expert, but the Beretta 20 gauge over-under that I shot was the most beautiful and best shotgun I've ever seen. I've no doubt that the big-name British makers have a much better product, but Beretta makes some wonderful guns.

8. jcusey

Sporting clays, skeet, or trap? I shoot at skeet, but I can't say that I'm very successful. If you're any good at sporting clays, you have my unabashed respect. I'm thinking of getting a shotgun (12 gauge over-under, probably Baikal -- nothing special, but I'm not good enough to justify anything better) so that I can stop bumming off of my friend and his father-in-law.

9. A Harris

[​IMG] It's a lot harder than it looks, isn't it. Nothing so formal - I go out with friends, we take turns throwing and shooting. Although these guys can be pretty tricky - If I'm shooting well they will do everything in their power to mess up my groove. I'd love to try sporting clays someday. Â I'm still using my trusty Remington 870, but I too am looking to get a decent over-under. Done much research on what's a good deal??

10. A Harris

Oh, and another thing - are you sure you want the 12 gauge? I'm going to go with a 20 gauge for my next gun. So I can shoot all afternoon and then wake up the next day without feeling like I've been beat up.

11. jcusey

I've shot a grand total of three different kinds of shotguns: a Beretta Silverwing 12 gauge, a Beretta Silverwing 20 gauge, and a Baikal IZH27 12 gauge. The first two retail for north of $1200, I think, while the Baikal (AKA The Russian) retails for around $500. The Berettas are obviously better guns -- prettier and better-made -- and the Baikal is a bit stiff, but everyone I talk to who actually knows about guns tells me that it's by far the best over/under for the money. When I decide that I just have to have one, I'll probably be able to get it near wholesale from my friend's father-in-law's buddy, who's a gun dealer.

12. jcusey

That's a valid point, but I'm more likely to hit something with a 12 gauge than a 20 gauge. I can live with a bruised shoulder if I can break more birds.

13. ken

ken Senior member

Oh, and another thing - are you sure you want the 12 gauge? I'm going to go with a 20 gauge for my next gun. So I can shoot all afternoon and then wake up the next day without feeling like I've been beat up.
    That's a valid point, but I'm more likely to hit something with a 12 gauge than a 20 gauge. I can live with a bruised shoulder if I can break more birds.
    You'd be better off w/a 20 guage for the sport shooting you're talking about. 12's and 10's are usually reserved for duck and geese hunting because they can kill at a higher altitude. At the same distance, there isn't much difference between a 20's and 12's shot spread. With a heavier shotgun, you'll also lose a lot of the agility and quickness needed to shoot chuckers/pheasant/hens. I still use what amounts to be a beginner's Smith and Wesson over & under that my old man bought for me at a gun show 11 years ago, and I can still kill anything in the air with it. Gun shows are definitely the outlet malls of the firearm community. Check them out first.

14. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

My dad-in-law to be is a lifelong quail hunter and never misses on skeet.... I pretty much suck at it but I'm persistent - if I miss I'll run after the damned thing and beat it with a club til it breaks.

...daughter is 8 now so I guess it's time to practice.

Jcusey - somehow I'm picturing you driving a Lexus or a jag with a shotgun rack in the back window.

Gotta love Texas, where else can you have a loaded gun and an open beverage container in the car with you simultaneously?

15. JErwin

JErwin Active Member

As a previous poster mentioned, the spread may not be that different, to a point. I think the issue may be less what you are able to hit than what you are able to drop dead. I'm by no means a ballistics expert, but, if I remember correctly, Michael McIntosh wrote an article in Field & Stream arguing that 12's may actually be more sporting than 20's, 28's, and, especially, 410's because you kill more and wound less. As far as kick, I don't notice a significant difference between a 12 and a 20. Weight is another issue. If I'm dead wrong (pun intended) about this, please let me know. This is interesting to me.

16. ken

ken Senior member

410's are usually used only for skeet/clay. I've never used one because I can't hit a damn thing with them. The lower muzzle speed and bullet size means you have to be somewhat of an expert marksman to hit anything. To tell you the truth, I've never shot anything but a slug out of a 12-guage so I'm not sure how it kicks when shooting shot.

Yeah, 20 guages occasionally leave game wounded, but I think I'd be going out on a limb if I said a 12 guage would drasticly increase the number killed immediately. I don't really see a difference in a kill shot or wringing the bird's neck 20 seconds after it falls. It's still in shock and doesn't really notice anything.